𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓: 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄

Start from the beginning

a few hours later, nyla had helped kio with his makeup, and was now in the car with spencer, the both of them in a comfortable silence as frank ocean played in the background.

"you alright, darling?" spencer asked, his hand grabbing nyla's.

"fine, spence, i'm just hoping i did kio's makeup right."

spencer's hand tightened around nyla's as they came to a stop sign, just a few blocks away from nyla's apartment. "i wanted to talk to you about that.'

"what? his makeup? oh my god, did you hate the picture i showed you? i knew the eyeliner was too much, i should've just-"

spencer cut her off with a laugh. "his makeup's fine, ny, i just wanted to talk to you about hanging out with those boys in general."

he kept driving, nyla slightly confused as he parked across from nyla's building. "what do you mean? have they done anything?"

spencer turned to her, "i just feel like you spend way too much time with them," he started, "and i would rather you spend some time with me."

nyla shook her head. "spence, they're like my brothers, okay? you have nothing to be worried about. plus, i'm only with them when you're in class or with your other friends."

"well, i'm your boyfriend, okay? and i don't want you over at their house all the time, doing their makeup and whatever. you could spend some time with me instead. plus, you make so many tiktoks with them and barely any with me."

"is this about tiktok?" nyla asked incredulously. "are you kidding me, spencer?"

"no, nyla," spencer stated firmly. "it's just weird because you make so many tiktoks with those boys, and everyone ships you with them."

"well, everyone also knows you're my boyfriend," she replied. "and it's just what happens, okay? the fans always ship me with anyone i stand next to."

"and what about vinnie?" he asked, crossing his arms.

"what about him?" nyla asked dryly. "you already know we hate each other. you don't need to worry about him."

the boy sighed, rolling his eyes and looking out the window. "i don't get it, you're friends with addison and avani and sienna, just hang out with them."

nyla scoffed. "spencer, the boys are like my brothers, and it's not my fault you refuse to be friends with them or get to know them. they would be more than happy to meet you but you always say no. i don't want them, i want you, okay?"

spencer looked at nyla, his eyes softening. "fine."

nyla grabbed his hands, moving closer to him. "you're my boyfriend. no one else."

spencer leaned in, pecking nyla's cheek before turning the car off. "okay, let's go inside. i'll spend the night."

• ★ •

(one week later)

troy walked into kio's room, where vinnie was laying in his bed while kio was on his laptop. "we need to talk."

"oh my god, are you breaking up with me, troy?" vinnie asked, turning his body to look at the boy.

troy rolled his eyes. "now is not the time for jokes, vincent. have any of you talked to nyla in the past week?"