Chapter 6

//Darryl's POV\\

Zak's sister is going to college to become a doctor. She looked at my jaw and told me I was lucky it wasn't broken and I hadn't lost a single tooth. She told me to rest and give it time to heal. She said if I waited until Saturday it would probably be good. 

"You should go home and go to bed" she said

"...um" I looked at Zak

"He's gonna be staying here again tonight" said Zak

"Oh ok sounds great! My room is at the end of the hall, snacks in the kitchen, help yourself, bathroom is to your right, and yeah that's pretty much it. If you need anything just ask me or Zak."

"Thanks so much" I said, trying to smile, but wincing in pain

"No problem. I'm gonna go call my friend Steph. Zak don't hurt his jaw making out with him"

"...steph is waiting"

"OoooOoOoh you didn't deny the making out allegations"

"..fuck off"

"langwij" I said as his sister left the room

She popped her head around the corner and said "ya know Zak I'm just messing, but if you really are gay I'd completely support you. Steph is bi, Jessica is a lesbian, and I'm an ally."

He smiled a bit.

//Zak's POV\\

"Hey I have a thing to do so I'll be back" I said, smiling at Darryl

"Where you goin?" He asked cheerfully

"No where" 

"Have fun"

I got up and put my shoes on and then left. I went to the dress maker's and walked in.

At the front desk was a tall woman, about 38 years old. She was a famous seamstress, hair and makeup artist known as Fleur Aimée, fashionista de la lune et des étoiles. 

"Order for Zak?" I said to the lady at the front desk

"I do not know of zees zok you speek off!" She said in a thick French accent

She had high cheekbones and dark brown hair swirled onto her head neatly with delicately done makeup.

"Zak Ahmed"

"Ah yez. I have your order right over here!"

"Trish nobody is in the shop you can cut the accent"

"Aight so ya see, I managed to make the blue dress but I'm still woikin' on de red 'n. Come take look darlin" she said in a thick, horse and gruff New Yorker accent

"Oh they're beautiful!" I said, staring at two sparkling dresses.

(Imagine the 2nd dress in pink and red)

"So Trish I was wondering if you could come do my makeup and the makeup of my date to the dance?" 

"Of course sugah, it'd be my pleasa! Anything for you Zak" She said cheerfully, putting her arm around my shoulder "How much ya payin?" 

"1,000"

"I wouldn't be able to live in my appatment if it wadn't for you, dall" she said, lighting a cigarette 

Trish was like a mother to me. My rich parents have always impulsively left for random places around the world. First it was when I was 5 and my sister was 7. They left for Portugal for 3 weeks without warning and just left a few friends to watch over us. My sister decided to go to her friend's house, and I waddled out of the house alone and managed to find myself at the bar a few roads down where Trish found me. She took me and my sister in until our parents returned home, and since then whenever they impulsively left, we'd stay with her. 

She's branded herself as an exotic french designer who brings blizzard candies from France, but she's really just a lady from New York who has an addiction to sour patch kids.

She isn't without talent though. If she gave up her brand she would still be rich because she's amazing at her job.

We scheduled a time for her to come over (right before prom) and I left. 

I began to walk home when a girl named Ava came up to me. She grabbed my hand and began flirting with me.

"So I saw you were in Fleyur's shop" she said, butchering the French pronunciation 

"Yeah I was ordering a dress for my date"

"Oh but you don't know my size"

"The dress isn't for you"

"Not yet"

The fuck doe- the frick does that mean? 

"Um ok I'm gonna get back home now"

"See you at the dance, lover boy"

Gag me

I got back home and checked on Darryl. His jaw wasn't in too much pain.

"So umm... I-I saw you're going to prom with Ava" Darryl stuttered

"Ew no I'm not the kind of guy to go with a popular girl" 

"You aren't the kind of guy to go with a girl, Zak. You're gay."

"I know and I'm not going with her. Where did you hear that anyway?"

Darryl showed me his phone 

✨🌸Ava Lynn🌸✨: Zak just said yes to going to prom with me! I can't believe I had to ask him. Ugh men. He even ordered me 2 dresses! I went to Fleur's and saw them both. They're gorg.

Posted 14 minutes ago || ❤️ 264 || ➡️SHARE ||

What the fu- frick?!

"Darryl I swear I did not say yes to her. She's lying."

"Yeah *sniff* ok" he said, acting sad

"I SWEAR! We're going to prom together. I've got our suits being made as we speak."

"Mhm.."

"Let's go play some Minecraft, BadBoyHalo" I said, calling him by his username

"Ok, Skeppy"

(This was just a filler chapter because I'm running out of ideas. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! I have a fun ending planned, but it's chapter 6 and everything is already set up for it. Please give me ideas!!!)