Chapter 1

//Darryl's POV\\ 

At lunch we both stood in line next to each other, eagerly loading our plates with anything that didn't have green fuzz. Our elbows kept bumping and we'd shoot each other death glares. The lunch lady had one muffin left. I was in front of the boy which angered him. She placed the muffin on my tray, placing her back up desserts on his. A three week old rock hard apple tart with green fuzz and a hair. 

I walked to my table to eat lunch and check my phone. Unexpectedly, the potato followed me.

"Gimme the muffin" demanded Zak

"Heck no" I said, admiring its gooey chocolate chunks

"Gimme the muffin or I'll pound your face into the pavement so hard that it'll leave an imprint" he said threateningly

I looked at him and rolled my eyes, clearly not impressed by his faceless threats. 

He grabbed the muffin and ran off with it. I jumped out of my seat, tackling him in the lunch hall. Like we were playing football I grabbed it out of his hands, keeping it off the ground. The school principal angrily paced towards us, and I ran to the men's bathroom, muffin in hand.

I hid in the bathroom eating my muffin and texting my online friends until the bell rang. 

I went to class, sitting next to Zak. More glares. More passive aggressive "accidental" shoulder bumps. More pure hatred.

Zak and I were not made to be friends. We could never be friends. Everything we do bothers each other. The way he sits. The way I write. The way he laughs. The way we fight. (I didn't mean to rhyme there oop-) We will never get along, and yet somehow we keep being thrown in eachother's paths. Why? Only time will tell.

(I know it's short! I'm sorry :( it's really late and I only wrote this to help calm my anxiety for an ADHD class I have to take tomorrow. Or rather today, because it's 1 am. Anyway, good night guys, gals, and non binary pals!)