Chapter 4

//Zak's POV\\

He was only a few minutes walk away from my house. I quickly searched the living room for his anxiety pills before throwing on some shoes and rushing out the door.

I ran to where he was and arrived within a minute. I'd never ran so fast in my life.

"Darryl I'm here" I said, hanging up the call and walking over to him

He was leaning into the wall, his eyes red and swollen. I read the label and gave him two pills as instructed. 

"Now breathe with me" I said calmly

"M-mhm" he stuttered

I took a deep breath, and he did the same. He began to fall over so I took his arm and then picked him up, holding him by the back and the inside of the knee. 

(Like this)

I walked quickly out of the greasy alleyway and sat down in the grass underneath a tree

I walked quickly out of the greasy alleyway and sat down in the grass underneath a tree. I propped him up on the tree and talked to him. I tried to make him feel safe, joking and reassuring him he was safe. After he calmed down I asked him if he needed to talk.

"My family don't treat each other the best" he said, pulling up his pant leg to show scrapes and bruises "I have anxiety and don't often feel too safe..."

"Holy shit yeah man that sucks" I said

"langauge" he said in a small and adorable voice

"Sorry... you can always come stay with me if it's ever unsafe at your house or just need someone to talk to" I said

"Thanks man" he said, laying his head in my lap and cuddling up next to me

I felt my face go red, but I knew I was helping him feel safe. I put my arm around him, smiling sheepishly to myself. I don't know why I'm acting like this... maybe it's because we've always been enemies. It's not because I like him though. I wouldn't even think about it. Gay is gross! Fuck. I'm not gay. (Writers note: gay is not gross, ily all and am pan myself uwu)

//Darryl's POV\\

I swear he blushed. Why though? It's not like he's... maybe he's gay. Well even if he is, I'm not. I mean, gay is gross right? Yeah I'm not gay. I wouldn't even think about being gay. Why am I thinking about it right now. Heck. I'm not gay.

We're just friends. And that's what's weird. We normally hate each other. That's the only reason I'm thinking like this. 

We laid on the grass for a few minutes, and then got up.

"Bad you don't look so well" Said Zak "lemme fix you up"

He got a Kleenex from my backpack and began wiping my face. He wiped off the dirt and grease, and then looked into my eyes.

"I dunno what to do about your eyes... they're all red and you can tell you've been crying" he said

"I keep eye drops with me in case of panic attacks" I said, handing him the small bottle

He dropped a few drops into my eyes and they began to ease the red.

We walked to school hand in hand. When we came near the building we split up, and then played up an act of hating each other. Through every class we glared at each other, muttering under our breath. I got Zak and we headed to the principals office to turn in our paper early for extra points. Then we walked out of the principals office and down the halls towards the doors.

Zak suddenly put his arm in front of me and pointed to a poster.

"Prom's coming up" he said "you goin?"

"Oh um.. probably not." I said "None of the girls would ever go with me"

"I'm gonna go with some friends" said Zak 

"I don't have friends"

"Wouldn't expect you to, you little piss baby. You think your so fucking cool. Huh? You think you're so fucking tough? Ya talk a lot of big game for someone with such a small truck. Aw look at those arms. They look so fucking cute. They look like little cigarettes. I bet I could smoke you and I could roast you and you'd love it and you'd text me 'I love you' and then I'd fucking ghost you!" Said Zak, feeling so clean like a money machine (I had to)

"...ok" I said

"So you coming to the dance?"

"I said I wasn't"

"You're coming to the dance"

"No I'm-"

"You're coming to the dance, Darryl" said Zak

We angrily walked out of school, but as soon as we were out of range of the other students, Zak grabbed my hand and we skipped happily to his house.

"So I was thinking we could wear these long flowing dresses to the prom and do our makeup all nice" said Zak excitedly

"Sure" I laughed, knowing he was joking 

We went inside and studied for a few upcoming tests. Then we watched YouTube, and found we both watched the same YouTubers! I quickly ran to my house and got some pajamas and clothes, and came back. We played Minecraft again.

"Oh my GOODNESS Zak!!!" I yelled

BadBoyHalo did not want to live in the same world as Skeppy

"Ha!" He mocked

"I'm back at our base" I whined

"Here I'm coming in there's mobs" he walked into the house and placed a bed next to mine. 

"Oooh SkePpYyYyyY" I said in a singsong voice

"What?" He said, holding back a laugh

"I didn't wanna rush into things like this, but I do have a crafting table" I said, placing it on the ground

"Better yet I have a furnace" he said, placing it on top, creating a crafting table furnace pole inside our two block high house.

"We can't get onto that now Zak"

"We couldn't to begin with"

"Now it's just a pole"

"Perfect for stripping"

"...language" 

"Awwww is BadBoyHalo blushing~"

"No you muffin head" I say, blushing

We played a bit longer.

"Let's go to bed" said Zak, setting down his controller and logging off

"It is almost midnight"

I changed into my pajamas and brushed my teeth, climbing into his king sized bed. He turned the lights off and cuddled up next to me, wrapping his arms around my waste, making me heavily blush.

"Night Darryl" he whispered into my ear

"Night Zak" I whispered back

(Omg my back hurts from writing this 1,228 words 😂 How does this have 76 views though? That's absolutely insane. And it's ranked 258 in SkepHalo out of 2.1k stories. I started this story at 1 am to calm down my ADHD because I was having anxiety and couldn't sleep. And now people have actually seen it. Someone FOLLOWED me [shout out to you my dood]. I didn't even get on wattpad expecting to write anything!!! Thank you!!)