Chapter 16

.

- Blue -

.

"Gemma?" I spoke into the phone.

"Hey, what's up?" She says as I sighed.

"Would it be totally out of nowhere if I asked you to pick up the kids for me? Just let them stay at Anne's for a little."

"Why, what happened now?" Gemma immediately asked, once again telling out the problem here.

"Um, Harry and I are kind of arguing, I just don't want the kids to see it happening." I murmured.

"Oh. If you don't mind me asking, what is it all about?"

"No, I don't mind. I need someone to talk to about it anyway.. Well, it's like he's hiding something. And the problem is, I'm kind of tired of it now, and I actually want him to trust me with things. It doesn't even seem like it.''

"Oh my god." She groaned. "Is he really being complicated again?"

"Yeah. And I just.. Really, don't want the kids witnessing the both of us fighting."

"Of course. If it gets that serious, they can stay the night too."

"Thank you so much." I sighed. "Really, you don't know much this really means to me."

"It's no problem. I know it gets hard with you too whenever there's something to fix.''

I nod, but then realize that she can't see me at all. "Bye." I sighed, hanging up.

Although right when I turned around to leave, Harry stood right at the doorframe, slightly slouched.

It only took me a few seconds to notice and realize that he was drunk though. He just looked like it.

"Are you seriously drunk?" I asked, holding back the anger that I had felt towards him.

"Well, half drunk, half sober." He spoke nonchalantly, motioning a hand.

"You can't just drink all of your fucking problems away Harry, it doesn't work like that because you know what? I'm still here." I tell him, shaking my head.

Harry frowned at me, walking towards me until he was right in front of me. "You aren't the problem. The problem is, you're always up in my case when I screw up. Why is that? It's because you think I changed! You think I'm this renewed person just because I fell in love with you."

"Don't you dare twist my words around! I didn't say any of that." I say, tears threatening to spill. "I've told you so many times.. I love you, because you're you. I never want you to change." My voice shook as the first tear left my eyes.

"So you're saying you like us fighting like this everyday? You're saying you tolerate me lying to you every time I get the chance to? Blue I.. I love you. But maybe that isn't enough." He sighed, looking down. "I hate making you so sad. And I hate it even more when I see you crying because of me."

"I just want to know the truth.. I thought you trusted me. There were so many times I thought we were over this. Ever since we got married, I thought all of these problems would be gone. Hell, I was wrong."

"I'm so tired of letting you down, Blue. And I just know I'm going to lose you again."

"I don't know what the hell you're talking about." I cried, taking his face into my hands.

"Look at me." I murmured sadly, as his eyes slowly met mine.

"You do deserve to know the truth. And you deserve to know where I was about an hour ago."