Chapter 2

It was the next day and Rachel still hadn't come home yet. Kurt was rushing around the house worrying, pacing back and forth whilst trying to reach her on his cell phone. Whereas Santana just sat on the couch drinking her cup of tea as if it didn't matter if anything had happened to Rachel. She started to read her magazines as Kurt walked up to her. "How can you be so calm ?!" He asked in a panic. Santana looked up at him, "it's because, I don't really care Lady Hummel" she said as she took another sip from her cup. Kurt rolled his eyes and tried to call her again, "well, this isn't like Rachel. She wouldn't do this. Something must be wrong" he gasped, "what if she was robbed, kidnapped! ...or worse" he shouted as he was still in a panic and worried about what could have possibly happened to his Best Friend. He walked into his room trying to calm himself down. As he did, Santana heard a noise from outside. She looked over at the door and walked over to Kurt quietly. "Kurt!" She whispered, "I think someone is trying to break in.." she looked back over at the door. Kurt then got up quietly and looked up at her, "oh my god.. what if they get in the house ?!" He said loudly whispering. Santana rolled her eyes and walked over to her bedroom and grabbed a bat. "Where the hell did you get that from ?!" Kurt asked, concerned. "Oh this little thing?" Santana said, "it's for safe keeping" she said whilst turning her attention back to the door and walking closer to it. Kurt stood there, 'what the hell ?!' He thought to himself as he watched her walk closer to the door, he then hid behind her hoping that she would be able to protect him from whatever was outside. It then went quiet.. Santana looked behind her at Kurt who also looking straight at her, and then it happened. The Noise again. Santana got ready to attack, with her bat in the air. The door opened slowly, it was Rachel. "Woah ! Santana ? What are you doing here.. and why do you have a bat ?!" She asked whilst looking towards the young woman who was still holding the bat. Kurt then looked at her, "Rachel ?! WHAT THE HELL ?! WHERE WERE YOU?" Kurt asked, practically screaming at her. "YOU SCARED THE DEATH OUT OF ME" he said angrily. Santana then rolled her eyes and took the bat back to her room. Maybe she didn't get to use it after all, 'Dammit' she thought to herself. She then walked back out to the kitchen where Rachel and Kurt were screaming and lunging at each other's throats. "Okay calm down, both of you! Lady Hummel. Berry. Sit" she said persistently as if she was the mother and they were the kids. "Rachel where were you ? Kurt was practically losing his mind" she asked as she crossed her arms whilst looking towards Rachel. Rachel looked up at her and sighed as she then looked down at her lap. "I met a guy..." she said nervously, "a guy?" Santana asked, weirded out by what she just heard. She couldn't imagine someone who wasn't Finn with Rachel. "Wha- well- what? What do you mean a guy?" Kurt asked confused but he was also curious as to who this man was. Santana knew straight away something was off with the person she had met and she hadn't even met him yet. She then sat down between Rachel and Kurt. Rachel looked back up at them, "I didn't want to tell you because I knew you'd react like this" she said as she looked at them both. "Damn right you knew" he said as he looked at her with a judging yet disgusted look, what about his brother ? He looked back up at her. "So... what's this creatures name ?" He asked with a look that could cut the tension like a knife. "... Brody" she said. "BRODY?! That sounds like a pedophiles name. You better be careful. He sounds like a weirdo" Kurt said frantically still thinking that it wasn't right because she wasn't with Finn. He turned back to Santana who was nodding. She obviously agreed with Kurt as it wasn't normal for people to actually get along with Rachel. Rachel looked over at both of them, "you know what, it doesn't matter. You guys are never happy for me" she said as she got up angrily. Kurt stood up to face her, "Rach sit down, I didn't mean it" Kurt said apologetically, he was angry and didn't mean to make Rachel hurt or upset. Rachel then sat back down and cleared her throat, "maybe we could change the subject?" She said as she prepared herself for what she was about to say, Kurt and Santana looked over at each-other nervously. Rachel then began to speak again, "So you already know I got casted as the iconic, Barbra Streisand in Funny Girl the Musical. On Broadway", the others nodded back towards her, "well, my first show is tomorrow night and I've invited everyone from the original glee club to be there, I hope you guys will come and support me. You MUST support me" she said excitedly. Santana looked back over at her, "uh.. I-" she said as she got interrupted by Kurt. "We'll be there!" He said smiling as he looked at Santana with a look that shouts 'don't say it'. Say what? Santana thought as she looked over at Kurt suspiciously. She then got up from the table and walked over to her room to get ready. The show was in 4 hours, Santana had to do her hair, makeup, choose her outfit, her shoes. It was like prom night all over again, only this time. She had 4 hours instead of 7. Santana loved being precise with her outfits, that's why she would always arrive late all the time. She screamed as she got stuck between a Black dress or a Red dress, she ran into Kurt's room where she showed him, "which one do you think?" She asked, he closed his wardrobe and looked over to her as he leaned on the door of his wardrobe. "The Black one. It shouts "you" and whilst you look good in it, it also doesn't pull much attention towards you from Rachel and the audience. If you wear that red dress you'd be stealing Rachel's spotlight so wear the black, please. Just this once" he said genuinely. Santana sighed and looked at him, "ugh fine. But only because I only listen to you in this town, you're the only one with the best fashion taste around here" she said smiling as she walked out, she immediately ran back in, "oh and you're killing it in that outfit, definitely wear that one tonight", she smiled once again and ran back to her room to finish her makeup and put her shoes on. It had then been 3 hours later and Kurt was pacing back and forth in the apartment. "Santana !! Hurry, we are gonna be late !!" He shouted as he kept checking his watch. "I'm coming, I'm coming. Hold your weave" she said as she ran out clutching onto her purse, "wow! You look like a evil queen" he said giggling. Santana then laughed a little, "why thank you" she said with a mocking curtsy to him. They both laughed and linked arms and went outside to wait for a taxi. "Someone should really get a car some of these days" she said laughing a little. Kurt laughed back, "we really should".