September 7th, 1991 and September 8th, 1991

I wander around the school grounds. It's Sunday, so again, no school. I sigh. I'm so bored. I walk to the tree. I trace mine and Draco's names with my finger.

"Miss me already?" I hear Draco's voice say.

I turn. "I'm just bored." I sit against the tree. "Hello."

"Hello." He says as he sits next to me.

I smile. "I was just thinking, we should get 3 more people to sign our tree, make it the real legacy."

Draco nods. "Maybe. But I liked it being our tree."

I blush slightly. "Okay. That's fine too."

We sit in silence for a bit.

I rub my eyes. "Do you want to do something?" I ask.

"Do you have a broom?" He asks.

"You know I've got one." I reply.

"Then yes." Draco hops up. "Come on." I follow him to the Quidditch field and I get my broom.

"Draco...what is your plan?" I ask, clutching my broom.

He rolls his steely grey eyes. "Just, come on." He brings me to the center. "Now get on." I mount my broom and Draco gets on behind me. "Now go to the top of that tree."

I fly and find a place to land. I look over the edge. You can see all of Hogwarts from here. The wind lashes in my eyes and I shiver. Draco climbs off the broom after me.

"Cool, huh?" He asks, grinning.

I nod. "This is so cool."

We sit in silence until darkness falls.

That night, I lay in bed, thinking. Why had Draco shown me that? I roll over. I can't sleep. I sigh. Tomorrow's Monday. Plenty of distractions. I fall asleep.

The next day, I think about Draco. Probably too much for my own good. I sit in Potions, thinking. Not just about Draco, though. Snape snaps at me.

"Potter! Pay attention!" He yells.

I blush. Draco glances at me, as if to say are you okay? I nod discreetly. Ron makes an obscene gesture at Snape behind his back. I laugh a little.

Later, I walk around the grounds. I want to ride my broom, but Quidditch practice isn't for a few hours. I sigh.

"Harry!" I hear behind me.

I turn and see Draco running towards me.

"Hey, Draco." I say.

"Hi." He pants. "I've been trying to find you all day."

I smile. "Oh, yeah?"

He rolls his eyes. "I just wanted to hang out."

I nod. "Yeah, okay. What do you want to do?"

Draco shrugs. "I dunno. I just...I dunno."

"Let's just walk." I say. "So, how was your day?"

Draco lets out a dry laugh. "Ha! That's the question of the hour isn't it?"

I laugh too. "Well, mine was a Monday, that's for sure."

Draco smiles. "Yeah, mine too."

Later, I sit in Defense Against the Dark Arts. Professor Quirrell is so annoying. I barely learn anything. I sigh as I turn my attention to the window, watching some birds fly. I sigh. I can see the lake from here. I listen to Professor Quirrell drone on, a string on his turban fixing itself. I shift in my seat.

"Harry." Ron taps me. "Pay attention. We have to pass this class."

I shake myself. "Right, sorry."

I turn back to the front of the classroom. This is one of the few classes I don't have with Draco. I crack my knuckles.

After class, I sit in the Gryffindor common room. I decide to write to Moony and Padfoot.

Dear Moony and Padfoot,

School has been good. I have 2 friends, including Ron. I am on the Quidditch team, youngest player in a century! That's all!
Love,
Harry

I send Merlin away with the note. I sigh and flop back on the couch. It's been a long first week. I hope Moony and Padfoot are doing okay. I fall asleep on the couch and wake to find Ron peering
over me.

"Hi." He says.

I jump up with a start. "That is not a way to wake someone." I say

Ron laughs. "Come on, you have Quidditch practice."

Ron walks with me to the pitch and stays in the stands. I get my broom and change into my Quidditch robes. I walk out back to the pitch. Wood is talking to the rest of the team.

"Harry!" He barks. "Finally!"

Fred and George exchange grins and look at me. I wave.

"Okay, let's get started."

We fly around and I look for the little golden snitch. I see a glint and dive for it, but it's just a trick of the light. I see Ron in the stands and wave.

After practice, I head to my dorm, exhausted. I arrive to find a letter from Draco.

Harry,

How did practice go, Youngest Seeker in a Century?
Draco

I laugh slightly. I write back that it went well and send it away with his bird. I sigh. It has been a better day than I thought it would be.