midnight cashier on thin ice

.❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

Not ending the conversation right then and there was only out of Byulyi's pure amusement. Begging more questions to be answered was out of her respect for the magnolia name. "Are you okay, magnolia? Seriously asking."

Wheein's voice turned toneless, yet growing impatient. "You didn't have work rolling for a week straight, and I bet you are willing to eat your orange scented air purifier at this point. Now here I am, offering you a good chunk of money. Are you going to refuse?"

Good chunk of money was the turn of phrase her mind was stuck on, Lord knew she needed it to the point she almost missed how creepy Wheein actually sounded. "How do you know this stuff?" she let out.

"Started following you through CCTVs, also I advise you to look to the corner on the left-" Byulyi raised her head to see a small red dot. "-Hi! That's me."

Byulyi dropped her bow, when her actual intention was to grab it tighter and shoot the camera down. "What the fuck."

"I know, scary. Maybe you shouldn't have called me little flower," she said, pleasure sinking into her voice like honey. "Look, I have money, I have fun little quests. I have a couple groups of people I want out of business and you with your cute arrows may be the solution. Plus, I may have taken your website down so no one else can contact your number, so you really don't have a choice in this."

There was no response, but Wheein could see Byulyi's excited eyes anyways. Was it because she wasn't going to starve to death, or was it because Wheein handed her an opportunity no one else will ever get in their lives?

"Just, one question. How many cameras?"

Wheein didn't like the number that came out of her mouth. "Four."

"You are obsessed," Byulyi muttered, kneeling down to retrieve her bow as Wheein made a snorting noise. "I'll be shooting them down. Have a good evening Jung."

"So, you are okay with this?" Wheein asked, "After that many cameras?"

Byulyi raised her bow, and locked another pink arrow in. Instead of answering, she shot down the second camera she spotted- the one above her fridge. "Three. Don't worry, I'll keep the one in the living room."

"Good girl."

The earpiece beeped to signal the end of the call.

Now she had to shoot the other two down, both because it was disturbing, and because she had to impress Wheein now. Maybe these were little targets to test Byulyi. They had to go regardless.

I am hiring you, Byulyi. When she complained about the lack of business, she didn't expect magnolia of all people to be the cause of it, nor did she expect the most non-illegal illegal job in her hands. Doing good the bad way, she was about to put it, but then the line between those two became too bleak and she abandoned that thought. Good or bad, she had no choice, and the job didn't rub her in the wrong way either.

An absurd thought to have when she shot down the camera hidden in her bathroom cabinet.

Did her desperation lower her standards that much? Once she mocked those enticed by money and here she was; a-okay with being spied on.

The last camera was up on a tight space between her bookshelf and the wall. This was a target if she had ever seen one, the angle was just narrow enough to fit an arrow, and Byulyi knew it wasn't that way before. No matter, the camera buzzed and the red light faded away.

A single afternoon shouldn't have been packed this much. Though conditions were never ideal in her line of work, this was a new way of unideal.

And so she dealt with this like any other problem: With her bag as a hugging pillow and ten hours of sleep.