Break A Leg

Yeojin's heart pounded faster than the claps of the audience. She was stiff till Sooyoung pushed her out. This was really it. Once setting foot on stage she knew it was gonna be fine. Yeojin quickly lost her stage fright and didn't care about being watched or any of the other people on stage. She knew she was charming when saying her lines felt like she had the script in her head.

The act was finished and small claps were heard as the narrator began talking. At this point Yeojin had to go backstage while Yerim was on stage.

"Hey you're doing amazing." Gowon pats her head.

"It's almost over and you haven't messed up a single time. I'm so proud." Sooyoung followed.

Yeojin only nodded back not wanting to be taken out of the mindset she was in. If it weren't for the play Yeojin wouldn't have heard Yerim talk so much since the kiss. She closed her eyes and let her ears be drowned by Yerim's calming voice. It was now Yeojin's turn to come out though.

"You got this." Jinsoul whispers. Yeojin feels several hands patting her back. Without being taken away from the Romeo mindset she acknowledged her club was rooting for her.

Yeojin does her part nicely but what everyone was worried about was that long monologue. Of course Yeojin had done great during rehearsals but it was still a big part. Everyone backstage had their fists clenched in suspensions hoping Yeojin wouldn't mess up. She didn't!

Now was the iconic death scene everyone was familiar with. Yeojin began to take the vial with fake poison in it. Though before she drank it she paused.

"D-Did she forget her line?" Jungeun asks.

"No... No way... There's not even a line here? She already has the vial out. All she has to do now is drink it." Sooyoung responds.

"Well then what is she waiting for?" Gowon whispers. Even Yerim started to panic a little which was hard to hide when you have to pretend to be unconscious.

Like past rehearsals there was never a kiss there. Yes the original script had one but Gowon and Jinsoul took it out. It was an unspoken about edit in the script. Not to mention considering how awkward Yeojin was with everyone they decided the play would be better off with no kiss. That was back then though. Yeojin had no other time to talk to Yerim. Right now she couldn't directly tell Yerim how much she's been wanting to kiss her. She could show it though... just a slight change to the script. Yeojin looked at the vial once more. "Juliet... because of this death in a vial my fate has been determined. Death will NOT do us apart. In the next life I will fulfill the requests I couldn't fulfill in this life." As she spoke she began leaning her face towards Yerim.

"Wait..." Sooyoung just like everyone is caught so off guard. Even Jiwoo who was on the other side was shocked.

Yeojin was now centimeters away from Yerim. Though she was a bit hesitant. Thankfully the audience just saw the hesitation as suspense and thought it was all part of the play. Yeojin tells herself "It's now or never." She closes the space between their lips. They'd both be lying if they said they didn't miss the other's lips. Yerim fought the urge to not hold Yeojin's smaller face in her hands or at least kiss her back. After Yeojin pulled away Yerim had a small smile on her face.

"Did you change the script without telling me?" Gowon asks.

Jinsoul shakes her head. "I haven't touched that thing in days."

Yeojin finally gets back to her vial and takes in the poison and like the story goes she dies. Yerim then wakes up. It was a bit nerve racking having all these eyes on her. Especially those backstage who knew that kiss and the extra dialogue wasn't part of the script. At least that part was over... Well not really. After Yeojin died Yerim would have to take a sip of what's left on the vial then realize she won't die from it and use a dagger. If this was under normal circumstances she would've taken the vial and done as Gowon and Jinsoul's script said but something changed. This was the first time Yeojin had kissed her first. She knew it wasn't part of the play everything that Yeojin did was because she wanted to. That dialogue wasn't just random words. It was a message. Yerim then takes the vial and goes back and forth looking at the vial and Yeojin.