Prologue

TW: death
Kenma POV
'Smoke...I smell smoke, are the cooks preparing something delicious for tomorrow' I thought as I woke up. I sat up, rubbed my tired eyes and looked around; it was pitch black everywhere but underneath the door. 'That's odd, why are there lights on in the hall?' I was standing beside my bed when I heard it, a blood curdling scream. I ran and threw open my door to a wall of black smoke and... 'Fire'. There was fire everywhere I began coughing 'where is everyone?' I ran down the hall toward my oldest brothers room dodging fire falling from the ceiling and jumping over piles of hot ash. Arriving at his room I saw that the fire had already reached his room and that he hopefully couldn't be there. I ran to my other older brothers room already knowing the fire had already consumed his room if it had consumed the eldest. Lo and behold it already had, so I decided 'the courtyard! Everyone will be in the courtyard waiting on me.' I ran back to my room, shut the door, and went to my vanity. I opened all of my drawers pulling everything out until I found my key. I grabbed it, my switch, my phone, their chargers and a bag to put them in. I turned and walked towards my bookshelf. I looked over until I saw my favorite book 'Ju-On' I stroked the spine before pulling the book out revealing a keyhole. Sticking the key in the hole I prayed that everyone would be in this courtyard. I turned the key and heard the door unlock. I quickly found the doorknob behind another book the cool metal reminded me of when I was a child barely able to put the key in the lock and turn it. Now I turned the doorknob and opened the door to the darkness and stepped into it gently shutting the door behind me. I held onto my backpack for dear life and then heard shouts bouncing off of the walls above me. 'Who could still be in the Great Hall?' I shook that thought away and shuffled to the staircase and half walked, half stumbled down the winding steps leading to the courtyard. I finally reached the bottom to the sound of laughter, not the cheerful laughter of my family but harsh hollow laughter of strangers. I poked my head around the corner and saw a large group of men surrounding my family laughing their sharp hollow laughs. The tallest man walked towards my father "Oh King Jonathan, you didn't think we'd come back after twenty years of seclusion hmm?" My father looked up at him from his place on the ground "Well George what did you come here for this time? I know you didn't come just to burn the castle to the ground." The man named George just sneered turning directly toward where I was hiding in the doorway to my staircase. "Don't you have three children now King? Where is the third child? Perhaps he died in the fire." He said that last sentence with such glee it made my father struggle against his restraints eventually making his wrists bleed. George turned to his men "I think that we should have a feast men and leave them here to rot." That made my stomach turn over 'I must save my family one way or another' "But sir we should kill them before they get the chance to be saved and kill us" a big burley man said gruffly. "You're right we should have a feast after we kill them, this makes a perfect night. Who's up first eh? Maybe you?" he pointed to my youngest older brother. I made the tiniest of noises then hurriedly clamped my hand over my mouth. "Did you hear that?" One of the men said to another, the man shrugged and looked away from where I was. I waited until all of the men had walked away from where I was hiding, when they had all walked further towards my family I crept towards the throne room on the opposite side of the entire castle. I opened one of the huge doors just a crack and slid inside "Prince Kenma aren't you supposed to be asleep, you aren't sneaking out to see your dress again are you?" I turned to look at Kuroo one of our biggest and burleyest knights. His happy smile dropped at the sight of my pale skin, hollowed out eyes and dirty feet. He quickly ushered me into a seat and another Knight brought him and I cups of tea. "Alright Kenni what happened?" He asked drinking the tea. "It's not what happened, it's what's happening" I half choked out bursting into tears. He stood up knowing what I ment gathering the rest of his men together, he gave all a task. All of the men he had left would surprise attack George's men and Kuroo would stay here with me and three other guards, of course I protested only to be shut down "Kenma you are the only successor safe for now we need to protect you at all costs." He looked at the men around me "You all are to remain here, do not let him leave the throne room for anything and make him as comfortable as possible. I will go to the kitchen and gather supplies, Kenma you are making your journey to Miyagi early, rest up." With a wave he disappeared through the door shutting it firmly behind him. "I'm not listening to him, you know that right." I stated while running out the door after him. The guards were smart men because they just stared as I ran into the blackness of night. I traversed back the way I came to the throne room with minimal failure. I was too late, I now stood where my parents and brothers were slain where they sat, the guards as well. They had slain them and got away with it, I couldn't hold back the harsh sobs that were escaping me. My guards followed me to where my family lay lifeless on the ground. Kuroo had to practically rip me away from where I stood.

How is everyone liking the story so far?? I know it sucks but ill hopefully get to where my writing is somewhat good lol picture is kinda how long I wanted his hair to be. KittyBear out

No Turning BackOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara