"Cowboy Dwayne? Wanna tell them?" The teacher said.

The boy in the cowboy hat that I saw earlier this year stood up and faced the back. "We will be learning about Mozart in this classroom!" He grinned widely.

"Eh, I could've said that." I crossed my arms.
Everyone laughed and switched their gazes back to the teacher. She rolled her eyes and continued to talk.

"Bridget Nixon." I quietly introduced holding my hand out to Julie."

"Julie Gaffney." We shook hands and smiled at each other.

"Isn't there more of you? Like wasn't there a Conway and another kid that is possibly on steroids?"

Julie giggled. "Fulton and Charlie. They quit hockey last night. They just walked out."

I gave her a confused look.

"They are just playing hooky right now. Who knows what they are doing?"

"They just walked out?" I said. "So, they just threw their scholarships away?"

Julie shrugged. "They'll come around. They have to."

Julie and I became very good friends throughout the class. It was safe to say that I had made a new friend.

Later than day, when I was in my dorm I got a phone call from my father. Hans just passed away.

Hans was one of my fathers best friends. You see, my dad didn't have a dad to raise him. He was just a boy who grew up with a mother who was never home. Hans was always the man that looked out for my father. My father met his best friend, Gordon Bombay, through Hans.

Loosing Hans was like looking the best thing you've ever had. As my dad informed me about the death of Hans, I could here the tears welling up in his eyes through the croaking of his voice. And if we are all being honest, seeing or hearing our own father cry is the saddest thing ever.

The Funeral was Friday after school and I had to be there by four. At least i'd get to see some of my father's friends again, I guess.

After I spoke with my dad I hung up the phone and heard loud pounding at my door. I rush over and see Rick.

"Rick? What are you doing here?"

"Why haven't you've been talking to me? You ignored my calls all weekend! You didn't even acknowledge me at lunch-."

"Rick, chill out it's not a big deal. I just been in my head lately I just needed some space."

"Space for what? Nothing goes on in your life." He retorted.

I groaned. "Why do you care so much? It's not a big deal!"

"I'm you're boyfriend. You are supposed to hang out with me."

"This is exactly why I don't like hanging out with you. You are so problematic. You make big deals out of everything!"

"Sorry I want a stable relationship!"

"Everyone is asking we're you've been. Do you know how embarrassing it is for me to never have my girlfriend hang out with me?" He argued. "We are the hottest couple in school and your jude gonna ignore me!"

I rolled my eyes. "This is why we shouldn't date! All we do is fight!"

"It's not fighting it's just disagreeing with one another." Rick fought. "Every couple does it. I just want to know why you are ignoring me. You can tell me anything."

"It's nothing, just get out." I say calmly as I push him out of my dorm and slam it. Rick continued to pound in the door.

"Bridget, this is just embarrassing for you. Your not actually gonna shut me out like this, are you?"

I laid my head against the door and said nothing.

"Great, just great. You know what, fine!" Rick hissed. "You can just screw yourself." I then hear him stomp down the hall.

The past couple days, I have been under some stress with my dad, his new girlfriend, skating, hans, and even Rick himself. However, Rick always stressed me out.

I wanted peace. 3 days was the longest Rick left me alone and I'm surprised that he didn't come sooner. All I hope for was him to just drop me. Maybe he was right that all couple disagree on things. All I needed was a real reason for him to drop me or for me to drop him. I just didn't know what the reason could be.