19

I have a splitting headache, but I could hear Deku calling to me. 'Kacchan, Kacchan please wake up!' How could I ignore that? I pushed through the darkness reaching out towards his voice and when I finally pry my eyes open I'm in a hospital bed Deku sitting by my side with one of those IV bags attached to him. He looked terrible about as bad as I felt but even so he was beautiful. 

I reach out and cup his face and he opens his eyes, his wide eyes looking at me, making me smile. 'How can I not when you ask so nicely?' I ask him wiping a tear away with my thumb. Dear All Might everything hurts, my very bones hurt but the way he smiled back at me made it all worth it. 

I look around and see that we must be in a hospital because I don't think Recovery Girl has this much equipment and the bed is a little bigger than her cots, not by much but still. I scoot over slowly, painfully and when I was over enough I patted the bed next to me and he happily, if very carefully climbed in and I pulled the covers over us again. I need sleep, I know this but I need Deku more. I held him in my arms thankful that my own IV was on my other side and just listened to him breathe in my arms before I fell back into a deep sleep. 

***

'Kacchan?' I hear my lover whimper and I open my eyes to see him sitting next to my bed again. Somehow I was back in the middle and I don't like sleeping alone. 

I move over again and he climbs in again, once we are comfortable holding each other again I let out a soft sigh before letting myself fall asleep again. 

***

'Kacchan, we need to wake up now,' I see Deku's face smiling back down at me when I force my eyes open again. 

'Deku I'm so tired still,' my voice came out sounding like gravel but it did still come out. 

'I know but if Recovery Girl doesn't see you awake this time they are going to transfer you away to a different hospital. I don't want you to go!' He whined and I looked at him like he was crazy. 

'So just have her come here now so I can go back to sleep,' I sighed and he looked at me for a second before face palming himself. 

'I'm an idiot,' he shook his head at his own lack of common sense and I chuckle. 

'It's okay, I still love you.' He looks up at me smiling and I scoot over again and he crawls under the covers with me. 

'You can't fall asleep this time, they think I'm just climbing into your bed while you're asleep. They said next time they would put a guard at the door!' I laughed at him. 

'Deku why would they do that? I mean really? All we are doing is sleeping and we grew up together so it's not all that weird.' I waited for him to answer but he just glared at me until I relented. 'Fine but I still get to hold you.' 

He snuggled into my arms and it took everything I had to stay awake, we talked about everything from our classes to homework and even the damn League of Villains. 

'Where are they? They normally come to take me away by now,' Deku asked and I yawned. 

'I don't know but we needed to talk anyway, I like to hear your voice.' I grin at him and he blushes looking up at me. 'So about what caused all this?' I did not really want to ask him but at the same time needing to know. 

'Oh that, well they said that because of our illness our bodies were already weak and from the bruises they found on our bodies it looked like we had been fighting.' he stopped talking giving me a meaningful look and I laughed. 

'So they don't look like bite marks anymore?' I asked and he shook his head no. 'I don't know if I'm relieved or disappointed,' I admitted, still chuckling.