9

I let out a groan, and tried to move, just to maybe turn over but I couldn't. Something has me trapped and I couldn't bring myself to even open my eyes to see what. Between the pain in my head and my gut I felt horrible but somehow not? I feel like even with the pain I couldn't really feel any better, I just feel so light and free and that feels amazing but I need to get up. 

I pry my eyes open only to see Deku curled up on top of me cuddled as best as he can be on such a small bed. I look around and see that I'm in Recovery Girl's office with the curtain closed around us. At least people aren't staring at me while I sleep. How can people feel no shame doing that?

"What is wrong with my son?" I wince at the voice of my old hag on the other side of the curtain. I really don't need the scene she is about to make but it's not like I can do anything about it even if I was standing right next to her. 

"From what I can see he managed to laugh so hard that he tore up his abominable muscles, it's not too bad but it will take a few days to heal even with my quirk. It also seems he managed to get a minor concussion but I'm told that he hit his head while laughing too hard. I can't believe I actually said that at all or that it was about Bakugo. I'm sorry I need a minute," I hear Recovery Girl sigh. Well I guess that explains why I hurt so much? 

"Where is Izuku? I heard someone accused his father of not actually being his father. He must be so upset," If only she knew it was All Might that they accused of being his dad. 

"Well he did seem excited about the whole thing, apparently a classmate of his has thought All Might was his father this whole time-." she was cut off by my mom bursting out laughing. I couldn't help smiling again but the pain both in my head and gut prevented me from laughing again. 

Several minutes passed with my mom laughing like this and I heard my dad and Aunty Inko come in asking questions only to hear them bust up laughing too. 

"Please God not again. What happened this time?" Aizawa Sensei asked and I heard other voices besides his. I'm so glad the privacy curtain is closed because Recovery Girls office had to be overcrowded by now. 

"Apparently Young Bakugo isn't the only one to find Todoroki's accusation to be humorous," Recovery Girl answered while my parents and Aunty Inko were not giving any signs of stopping anytime soon. 

"Wait I have to call Hiroshi!" I hear Aunty Inko cry and barely a second later I hear Uncle pick up the phone all groggy from being woken up, she had him on speaker. I listened to her explain everything to him only for him to start laughing as well. 

"Please tell me someone has this on video? Please oh my God I need someone to send this on video!" I heard him beg. 

"I'll see about getting you a copy of the class security camera footage," Aizawa Sensei sighed and the room seemed to explode again in laughter. At this point I look down and see that Deku is wide awake watching me with a small smile on his face. I smiled back down at him and he cuddled into my arms only too happy to ignore what all was going on outside of the curtain. 

I changed positions so that we were a little more comfortable and I relaxed. Even with our parents laughing just on the other side of the curtain I could feel sleep calling for me. This time my head is against Deku's chest and it just felt so right the way his arms wrapped around me holding me close. Sweet blackness covered my mind, yes I need to rest. 

***

'Kacchan?' I heard my name and stirred a little trying to ignore it, dear All Might my head hurts. 'Kacchan?' Wait is that Deku? What am I thinking of course it's Deku who else would dare call me that? 'Kacchan it's time to wake up.'