Part Thirty-Three

Start from the beginning

"Half of them are just trying to shag you" Remus said and he knew his voice was a little bitter but Sirius just laughed.

"Are they?"

"Don't act like you haven't noticed" Remus said fumbling in the dark for Sirius' fingers.

"Maybe I'm just too distracted by the fit Professor." Sirius teased. The Marauders had start to call Remus professor since he'd  taken over leading the group. Remus felt he didn't have a choice if he let Prongs and Padfoot led the meetings they'd be practicing hexes on first years. 

"Shut up" Remus mumbled glad that the dark was hiding his blush. 

"Make me" 

~~~

"Why not your bed tonight?" Remus said as a freshly showered Sirius emerged from behind the curtain. 

"Stop trying to get rid of me" Sirius said crawling quickly up the bed and pushing Remus over slightly to make room.

"Put the charm on" Peter called. He started getting annoyed with having to deal with both James and Lily's PDA and hearing Sirius and Remus in the late hours of the night. So Remus wasn't surprised or offended that Peter wanted silencing charms on the beds at all times. 

"Silencio" Remus said waving his wand before wrapping an arm around Sirius back "Hardly. I was just thinking we could always sleep in your bed one night. In case you miss it?"

It seemed silly as soon as Remus said it. It sounded like something a 5 year old would say 'missing your bed'. Sirius grinned flopping against the mattress and curling his hands into the sheets. 

"Nah, I like your bed too much." Sirius said. Remus took advantage of Sirius being on his back to climb over top of him. He truly looked much too comfortable being smoothered like this. His eyes shown with mirth and hands went easily to rest around Remus' neck. Sirius seemed to always feel he was in control even when Remus was trying to show he was. "It smells like you, is nice and warm like you, and it's got you in it."

~~~

Remus felt terrible. His back was sore, his skin hot, his mind buzzing. The moon was too close and his body was pumped with anticipation and adrenaline. He tried not to toss and turn. He shared his bed now he had to be mindful of Sirius sleeping softly next to him. But he couldn't help it and rolled one more time. 

"You alright?" Sirius voice was muffled against the fabric of the pillow and Remus groaned. 

"Yeah I'm fine sorry" Remus muttered putting a hand on Sirius' back and pulling him slightly closer "Go back to sleep"

"Don't tell me what to do." Sirius said and Remus' groaned again. He done it now. "I'm awake tell me whats up?"

"Nothing just anxious" Remus said and Sirius cuddled closer. Remus wondered if it was Sirius was trying to comfort him. "I always feel reckless before the moon."

"I know" Sirius said and Remus was a little surprised by this. He had never discussed this with his friends. He tried his best to never mention the full moon, especially if it was too complain. "James and I always wait till the 3 days before the moon to suggest our best ideas because you are more likely to say yes."

"Manipulative buggers" Remus said finally starting to feel a little sleeping. 

"You love it" Sirius pressed his lips against an exposed part of Remus' shoulder "And you'll be fine. We will be there."