fourteen

** him and i, g-eazy; halsey

** i swore to myself that i would never use one of his songs bc of his toxic masculinity and manipulation but it fits so well and i felt like you needed more female interaction so...here!

l.a. ... the city of angels. it's perfect for nearly anything, except broke people apparently. a bottle of fucking water was nearly five bucks; who the fuck said that was okay? you don't know how long you would be here since dom has two shows to play. he stayed in his room most of today; it's been nearly twenty four hours since everything happened in nashville and he really hasn't said much.

using your handy-dandy phone, you text your mother.

i need help :(

what's wrong

i kissed him..

oh!! look at you all grown up making moves

but he hasn't really spoken to me in nearly an entire day..

why don't you just approach him?

he might think i'm too clingy..

nonsense!

she's your mother, so of course you take her word for it. you climb out of your bed for the first time in, what felt like, forever and march your way down the hall.

you turn the corner to find a girl leaned up against his door...like she's waiting for him. what? "uhm..miss? is everything alright?" she snaps from her thoughts, "hm? oh yeah! i'm just waiting for my boyfriend to get up here, we flew in for vacation."

"oh uhm...well that's my..." fuck. what do you even call him at this point, "my friend's room and i was coming to check on him." she becomes embarrassed rather quickly, "oh my god!" she checks her phone, "i am so sorry! he mistyped the floor number! i'm supposed to up one more floor, i'm so sorry!"

of course you smooth it over, "it's no problem! what's your name? we might catch you two out while we're here."

"it's abby," she smiles.

"see you around," you tell her before knocking on his door. you wait a few more moments; you knock again. you hear him shuffling around speaking in a low tone but you can't make out any words. he opens the door as he's hanging up his phone.

"oh...y/n, hey," he shuffles to put his hands in his pockets.

"hey...can we talk?" you hoped he'd say yes, he signaled you on with a "come hither" motion. you did as told. he shut the door almost immediately. "i've got to be careful, y/n. i don't want to rush," he says.

oh.

"was last night too much?" you're kind of hurt at the fact that you have to ask.

"no! no! god no. but i'd be lying," he steps closer to you, closing the gap between your bodies, "if i said i wasn't wanting more." his hand caress your face from your temples to your jawline before pulling you back into his voluptuous lips. you melted into him as he places his hands on the sides of your hips. "then just ask," you tell him.

"fookin' hell," he groans out between breaths. and there was that feeling again. he presses you up against the wall of the hotel room. the second time he's put you in this position; first time you weren't afraid. "s'so good to finally kiss you," he whispers, making you smile against his lips.

you open your eyes to be greeted by his emerald jewels. his index finger repeatedly caresses your cheek, "who's are you love?" you were so entranced, you didn't even hear him. you feel his other hand trace the side of your thigh, sparking a heat in between. "say it..." he demands, "pretty, pretty, pretty...." he brushes his lips against yours, "please."

"i'm yours," you satisfied him and yourself. he groans before diving back into you. everything felt so right, except you felt awkward by not doing much. you wanted to be able to touch him, so you do. the first place your hands went was almost instinctual; his hair. it was a lot softer than you thought it'd be.

everything about this felt so unreal as your hands traveled down his shirt, grabbing the material and forcing him closer to you. this man took you, he bound you to a chair in a room where light wouldn't find you, he's knocked you unconscious, he's taken you down ever notch imaginable...but here you were in this fancy l.a. hotel room locking lips with him because he's the same man who's been broken by other people, he's forever bound to the chair of the life he's stuck living, he's saved you because he wants to love you. he's doing his best.

he picks you up from under your legs, you immediately wrap them around his torso, he carries you over, sitting you above him in an upright position at the edge of the bed. his thumb caresses your lower lip, "i won't let you down, love," he promises, just like he did at the show last night, "in the end, it's me and you." your heart began pounding at rapid speed in your chest.

he goes to kiss you once more, but there's knocking at the door. "fookin' hell," he mumbles. you hop off allowing him to get up, he checks through the tiny little peep hole. he fixes his hair a bit before opening it.

"dom, megan couldn't find her in her room and she's not answering calls so i don't know where she...oh," colson rambles on until he realizes you're on dom's bed, he looks to dom before letting out a, "oh shit." you look at dom and realize he's got a...well...a situation.

"oh fuck," megan says once she enters the room, "so it is a 'sum sum'." you can't help but giggle with her. "the boys need to talk about business stuff, y/n and i could imagine you don't want to stay for gory detail, wanna grab a bit and go to a spa?"

you nod hopping up, dom grabs your hand, "be safe love," he kissed your forehead before turning you loose. you begin heading down the hall before you realize he's whispering something in megan's ear; she nods before catching up to you.

"what was that all about," you ask her. her mouth practically hits the floor, "girl, i could ask you the same thing!" your heart picks up that same rapid pace, "uhm...i don't know," you trail out.

"oh but i do! you two were going to marvin gaye all over that room," she says, putting in sunglasses as the two of you exit the plaza.

"maybe...where should we eat?" you had to change the subject.

"fuck this boujie shit, let's go find a subway," she says after giving up looking at places to eat on her phone.

...

the two of you sit there and she still tries to get the truth out of you. of course you're going to deny because you still don't know what the fuck is going on. "what did the guys have to talk about?"

she hesitates saying anything; you know that because she stuffs her mouth with another bite moments after you ask her. "megan.." she stops, "is he in danger?" she laughs for a brief second, "in things like this, he's always in danger. but y/n, you may be too. and not for reasons you think."

the two of you stop eating as she brings her tone to a whisper, "the girl from before. the one who left, she's following the two of you...she may try to kill him, and you if you get in her way."

she slides a file out of her bag, she's killed one after another trying to track dom down, and she's here in l.a. but he has shows to do so we know she's already found him,"  she hands it over to you. your eyes flicker back and forth to her and the file. "i hates having to keep this from you, that's why i'm telling you now, but you can't tell him you know. and if you see her, you have to act like you know nothing y/n."

looking through the pictures, your blood boiled as your heart dropped to your feet. "megan..." she looks to you, "i've already seen her." it was abby. you had to do something..