eleven

** evermore, taylor swift

once you finally, wake, you realize that you're in your bed back at dom's place. your head is pounding from having it rammed into a fucking light pole. you see dom's hazy figure sitting at the end of your bed with his head in his hands.

the sound of your shuffling sheets and your groans of grogginess stirred him.

"don't move too much, love," he whispers, placing his hand over your forehead.

"the amount of concussions i've been given for the last month and a half should be lethal," you joke before he places a glass of water at your lips, barely tilting it so you can sip. he laughs at your wit.

"is megan okay?"

he takes a warm damp cloth to your forehead, which, now, stings more than before. your wincing scared him a bit, "i guess the drug wore off, i'll get kells in here in a bit. stitches don't bother you too much, do they?"

you furrow your brows as you go to touch the corner of your forehead; he gently grabs your hand, "no no, don't do that," he tells you.

"you knew the guy, who was that?"

"someone you won't have to worry about anymore. you remember what i told you about what everyone else was going to have to believe?"

you nod, "he works for your boss, doesn't he?"

"he did," your eyes widen at his words, "dom..did you,"

"no no. i wanted to, believe me. i just beat him into unrecognizable unconsciousness."

"you piece of shit," every swing felt harder than the last.

"could've compromised every fucking thing," punching wasn't enough for him, so dom began kicking the young man.

by the time he finished, dom was no longer angry, but he had to get memphis out of sight.

dom can barely focus as he attempts to dial the numbers on his screen, "oi, cater...yeah...memphis almost fucked up...of course i did...no she doesn't know about anything, it's just for public exposure...try a stunt like that again and i'll put a bullet between his eyes...have a good evening."

"you need to rest, love," he whispers above you. he goes to get up, but you grab his hand. "would you like some more pain medication?" as much as your head throbbed in pain, as much as you couldn't bare minimum sound, medication wasn't what you wanted, your grip gently tightened, "lay with me."

dom's pov

"lay with me," the words leave her soft lips. i honestly don't know what to do. there's so much more i'd like to do than just lay with her. just to hold her, kiss her, to glide my fingers from the tip of her toes to the folds of her pouty bottom lip. to kiss every inch of every injury i caused for the solid hope that it would disappear for her forever.

i don't want her to be in this perpetual state of hurt forever, and i know i could fix the majority of it, but it's so damn hard. my stomach began feeling sort of upset...something i've never really experienced before. my hands were slightly sweaty but that could be for a number of reasons. i realized i hadn't said anything, she was waiting for answer, so i give her a question, "are you sure about that?"

she nods slightly, closing her eyes, assuming i'm laying with her, so i do. this is new to me. i can actually smell her heavenly natural aroma, when it's quiet enough like this i can hear her subtle breaths just as much as i could feel her exhales as each one left her body.

i never knew someone could be as beautiful as she, as much as i want her, it's hard. with her being as fragile as she is, i don't want to break her. and that pain...that damage could be permanent.

...

...

you couldn't be too sure of what it was you were feeling as the two of you drifted off into a slumber, but you felt okay...secure...safe even. you catch your breath as his familiar, rare touch radiates in your hand as his thumb strokes it.

all the violent rage you once had, all the hope of someone busting through his home to take you away vanished...you didn't want to leave. every moment from graduation night up to now played over and over in your head, but you kept going back to that night you crept up on a broken man, crying for help in the living room. he wants to be able love, you're certain of that, but you even questioned your own ability. preparation was something you didn't have.

you knew the future ahead for you won't be too easy. so many white lies to make, so many hearts to mend, many faces to refamiliarize. you wished for shortcuts...so many fucking shortcuts. one thing you were certain of was that the eternal pain you were so destined for once wouldn't be forever...

evermore..

** a short chapter? whaaatttt i debated for a while on whether i should put this chapter in or not, but i feel like it's a wee little gap filler for everything else.