Jake Pitts (fluff)

I had been waiting in line for at least an hour, and as I inched closer and closer to the front the butterflies in my stomach multiply. I was hot and sweaty from watching the show in the beating hot sun, and now standing in line for even longer. I grip the neck of my guitar to calm my nerves. I was meeting Black Veil Brides after their performance at warped tour. I stood on my toes to see how close I was to the front of the line. When I stretched my neck upward to peer over the heads of other Black Veil Brides fans, I saw that there were only about twenty more people in front of me. I lowered my body so I was flat on my feet again. I smiled in spite of the fact that I was going to meet my favorite band ever. They saved me.

     Only one more person in front of me. My heart was pounding, and my hands were trembling. The fan in front of me moved to her right and was greeted by the rest of the band. I step up to Andy.

     “Hello.” He says in a cheerful and dorky voice. “Hi.” I say, my voice shaking. Oh my God. I’m here. That’s him. They are them. “Can you sign my guitar?” I ask, looking at both Andy and Ashley since they were closest, and could reach. “Of course. How long have you been playing?” Ashley asks as he writes his autograph on my guitar. “About three years.” I reply. “Awesome.” Ashley says with a smile. “Thanks.” I reply, my voice still wondering with every breath I take. Andy waves ‘goodbye’ to me as I scoot down the meet and greet table.

     Jinxx was next and I  placed my guitar back on the table and asked him to sign it. I’m about to collapse because of how nervous and excited I was to meet these five wonderful men.  “Gladly.” He says with a grin and signs my guitar. I slide my guitar down the table to Jake and CC.

     “Hi.” CC says to me. “Hi. Can you two sign my guitar?” “It’ll cost you.” CC teases. I laugh and notice that Jake was acting really different around me. Different than how he would act around other fans. “This is a really cool guitar. It has my face on it.” Jake laughed. I had just bought his signature guitar with his face on it about three months ago. I was thrilled to have him sign it. He was my favorite member of the band, and once he started writing on my guitar he smiled at me. I smiled back, and now I was literally shaking. "Bye!" CC says. "Thanks for coming out!" Jake says after.

    I was about the last person in line, so when I started walking away from the table Andy and Ashley were already standing up because there were no more fans to meet. Jinxx, Jake, and CC do the same. I was walking around hundreds and hundreds of people, trying to make it back to my car. Then all of a sudden I feel a hand on my shoulder. I jump and turn around to see who it was. It was Jake. My hands were sweating, and my knees were wobbling.

     “Hey…” He says shyly. I didn’t say anything. I just smiled. “Look…” He continued. “I know this seems kind of rushed, but…” My heart was in my mouth. Was he really? OH MY GOD? "I like you." He says. There was a silence between the two of us. "I can’t think of any other way to say it." He says, blushing violently as he smiles at me. His precious smile always left me speechless. It was like I was paralyzed. I finally spoke up;

     “You… want to date.. date me?” I said, my voice cracking. “Well, can you hang with me on the bus for a little while. To.. you know… get to know you better.” He said. “Okay.” That was the only word I was able to say with my voice sounding fairly normal. He smiles and holds out his hand, and I grasp it, we didn’t lace fingers yet, but then he leads me to the Black Veil Brides tour bus. Once we were about half a mile from the bus, once there weren’t a ton of people around, he repositioned his hand so his fingers laced with mine. My heart was beating rapidly, like it was about to burst out of my chest. The butterflies in my stomach were ridiculous as we approached the tour bus.

     Ashley and CC were sitting at the table booth. They were playing a guessing game where one person describes the ingredients of an alcoholic beverage while the other person tried to guess what it was. Jinxx was sitting on the couch, strumming his guitar quietly, and Andy was sitting next to him, scrolling through his phone.