28

"This is insane! Like seriously!? Mayer and Kirk just lost all they possess!? In, in... Just like that." With a clap of his fingers Conrad sat down deflated incomprehension lingered on his face.

Shaking his head like to get it out of a nightmare he could feel his eyes prickle, thinking that he was the one who pushed his mother to accept it after convincing his siblings to have his back, like the last time he was on the verge of destroying theirs mother for good as he did when he tried to control her love life, resulting of her being more bitter than ever.

"Don't beat yourself up. The most important is that we dodged it." Marc-Angel murmured almost frightened by the deafening silence that held them all in their mother big office.

The new of Theodora Mayer nearly having a stroke and Kirk Ivana industry being thrown in there to sharks to do everything to save what can be, it was clear that no one will want to help them now.

No bank as they learned from friends accepted to give both help it was sad but it was
business. They have been the greatest of the opponents in the industry but crisis was never someone friend mostly when you didn't have your back covered.

Conrad put his face in bis hands his shoulders shaking slightly, the disaster they avoided was taunting him.

Seeing her brother like that broke Maurean heart, but to be honest she felt the same way glancing at their mother, who stood still in her leather chair behind her big desk eyes focused on her computer screen.

Maurean knew for sure that it was Ameril picture she was looking at. She saw it one days when she forgot to locked the screen to take a call on her cellphone thinking she was alone.

Ameril, that woman seemed to be everywhere, she thought rolling her tongue in her mouth then bit it hard to push back tears, thinking that they would have be homeless by now was really frightening to even fathom.

A shiver ran down her spine, her mind trying to push that horrible vision away, she then realized that their mother could have been at Mayer and Kirk place, those women were the exact image of Ariana Salton Fox showing power only by theirs posture, you'll think that they were unbreakable but remove them that power and there's rarely something left to hold the power that fed them was nowhere to be found.

That thought crossed all Salton heirs, they all see how she threw herself in work when things collapsed with Ameril, they didn't want to think about what will be now, they all love the woman more than anything but her happiness wasn't always theirs purpose, money, money, statute and the "What will be said?" cloud theirs minds all of that couldn't save all the families that wall Street failed in a matter of second all hard work for nothing.

"What are we doing now, Mayer PA called in her behalf to set a meeting with you, as Kirk did herself. It's clear what they want." Olivia who just entered the room said a frown of worry visible on her face.

"Cristal clear, banks refused to help and they're right. Doing it will bring down whomever help them it will be like putting water in a can that has a big hole."

Conrad added aggravated now, turning to his mother for support he met with a stone cold one that let out no emotions.

To be true the only thing Ariana want at that very moment was to be curl in the best embrace ever, and forget about everything as it was the case everytime something arises.

Sighing she pushed her chair back, it rolled a little allowing her to stand, she had this urge to see and feel her dear love badly she knew where she was at the very moment they were talking.

Gathering her belongings rapidly under her family gaze.Without so much of a care she headed towards the door with determination she knew what she wanted and no one could stand in her way. Making it to the door she froze when a hand held her back, arching her eyebrows she met the person eyes by just looking back.