Chapter 31 - It was like a drug, addictive and highly illegal

Start from the beginning

She pulled back and looked at me for a while. I didn't like it when she did that. It made this too personal, so I averted my eyes.

"I'm going to get changed. We'll be arriving soon", she said and just like that, she was gone. This was such a terrible idea.

ELEANOR'S POV

"Lea, finally!" Daphne called out as I arrived at the common room.

"Hello", I smiled and accepted her hug. Her eyes lit up as she spotted the second new arrival.

"Hi Draco", she said as she pulled back.

"Selwyn", Draco said after just shortly acknowledging Daphne's greeting. "You forgot your book on the train", he said and handed me the spellbook I was reading before he rudely interrupted me.

"Oh, thank you", I mumbled, stuffing it in my bag.

"You sat in a compartment with Draco?" Daphne asked suspiciously. "Why would you do that?" There was no excuse for Draco finding the book and knowing it was mine without having shared a compartment, so I just shrugged.

"My mother insisted on it because there was barely anyone on the train." Daphne just stared at me for a while, a frown on her face. "Come on Greengrass", I grinned. "I want to have a girls night with hot chocolate after having spent a week in uncomfortable dresses", I said. A smile broke out on her face and she nodded.

Daphne went to fetch some hot chocolate whilst I took a long, hot shower, finally being able to use my berry shampoo again. Tracey had joined us too, so it was bound to become a fun night.

"Okay, Daphne", Tracey laughed. "Kiss, marry, kill, your options are Ron Weasley, Harry Potter and Seamus Finnigan." I wiped the happy tears from my eyes. We had been doing this for almost half an hour and it was the utmost fun.

"You've got to be kidding me? There's simply no good option", Daphne laughed, smacking Tracey's upper arm.

"You have to make a choice, Greengrass", she sniggered, sipping from her drink.

"Okay, okay", Daphne said, thinking about it for a while. "I would marry Ron Weasley, because at least he's a pure-blood", she said. "And then I'd kill Potter because he's just bloody annoying and I would unfortunately kiss Finnigan." I imagined Daphne with Seamus Finnigan and couldn't contain the laughter.

"Oh, quite laughing, Selwyn. You're up next", Daphne mocked.

"Okay, okay, give it to me."

"Kiss, marry, kill, the options are Blaise, Goyle and Draco."

"Easy, kill Goyle, kiss Draco and marry Blaise", I said in a heartbeat. It really wasn't much of a choice.

"Wait, you wouldn't kill Draco?" Daphne frowned. Bloody hell.

"No, my parents would kill me if I did", I tried to recover, forcing myself to look as casual as possible.

"It's just a game. I thought you would have chosen to kiss Goyle", she shrugged.

"Goyle? Gross", I huffed.

"And the idea of kissing Draco does not gross you out?" she retorted. The smile had been wiped off her face. She was putting me in a very tricky position here. Why was she getting suspicious all of a sudden?

"Of course it does, I just looked at it more realistically." I was lying to my best friend without batting an eye.

"Just drop it, okay? It's just a game", I sighed. Everything with Draco was all just a game.

"You promised me, remember?" she said.

"Promised what."

"That you'd tell me. You'd tell me if you ever caught feelings for him. You told me that just two weeks ago", Daphne said.

"Well I don't have bloody feelings for him!" I snapped. "Why are you going on about that? Can't I just be happy that he's stopped insulting me every second?!"

"It's just not normal-", Daphne sputtered.

"No, what's not normal is the fact that you can't think of anything else than him. Every time you see him you have to drool over him and every time he's around you follow him like a puppy!" I scoffed. I didn't know why I was so angry at her, but I was. 'We were having a perfectly enjoyable night and you just ruined it."

I pushed the blanket away and walked out of the room. I had already said too much.

Maybe it was the stress. I had to tell her, but I couldn't. Draco would murder me if I told anyone about it. Besides, she told me to tell her if I had feelings for him. That wasn't the case. I didn't have feelings for Draco bloody Malfoy.