"If he said that, that's hang out of order."

"I know, the only excuse I could give him was that he was drunk but then I just don't know why he would say it to Verity. She's a spiteful ex, of course she's going to use everything she's got against him to get to me."

"Has he spoken to you since all this happened?"

"Not really; I left the party early last night and then he gave me breakfast but I made it clear to him that I wanted time to think this all through."

"What do you think you're going to do?"

"I really don't know. I know deep down that I do want to be with him, when we're alone together it really does feel like there is something special between us. But I feel like that only lasts a couple of days and then more drama gets out."

"This is meant to be the honeymoon period and it feels like it's a bit harder than that."

"Exactly and I don't think I can handle it, if it's only going to get worse from here."

"I guess you have to make the decision about whether he's worth all the drama or not. How's Ollie taking all this?"

"I can tell he is concerned about me. He's always been quite protective over me and this is the first time I've had this kind of drama with anyone who we both know. Usually anyone I've dated, he's not met till we're official and everything's settled down."

"It will definitely be a new feeling for him."

"Yeah, anyway how was it seeing Harvey?" I turned the tables back onto her.

"It was a bit weird I'm not going to lie. I mean this is the first time we've properly spoken to each other in a long time where she's not been there."

"Do you think he's holding back?"

"Definitely. I think he's concerned about how much will get back to her."

"At the end of the day if they're secure in their relationship than it shouldn't matter but it's not always as simple as that."

"I agree."

****

That night we had a cosy night in around the fire with a stunning dinner to top it off. Liv had managed to arrange the cottage so everyone could split off into their own little groups. I was wearing a black sheet blouse with my leather jeans, sat in the would be dining room messaging my mum.

"Here you are

"Here you are." I looked up and found Tristan in the door way. "I've brought you a glass of red."

"Thank you. Take a seat if you want."

He moved to sit next to me on the sofa. "You look absolutely stunning tonight."

"Stop trying to make me blush."