The Story Of The Potters

Lily POV

Upon walking around the school hallways, I started to feel very conscious that I am not where I am supposed to be. It was very early in the morning and people are only just waking up. I don't think should be up and about this early. If I got caught, I was sure to get in trouble.

"Oi! Yer shouldn' be out 'ere," a voice called out to me.

I was definitely in trouble

I turned around and saw a massive figure walking towards me. He was definitely taller than Dumbledore, and he looked menacing the way he walked. When he stepped into the light, I noticed who he was straight away.

"Hagrid!" I smiled, but then stopped.

I shouldn't know his name!

He stared at me, neither angry nor annoyed. Just surprised I knew who he was.

"Yer one o' Harry's friends?" he asked.

"Yes yes," I said quickly. "He has told me a lot about you."

"Has he?"

"Yes a lot of good things. I have been wanting to meet you."

"Yer sure about that? Yer not jus' sayin' that jus' to get out o' trouble are you?" he asked, draining all hope I had of escaping this situation.

He laughed, "I'm just pullin' yer tail. I won' put you in trouble jus' fer walkin' around. Unless yer name was Fred or George Weasley."

He motioned for me to follow him, which I did. I got let off so easily and he didn't even notice my slip up. I was deeply fortunate. But then I realized something. If there was anyone that knows anything and everything about what happens in the school aside from Dumbledore, it would be Hagrid.

"Welcome to my home," he pointed at his little cottage.

I had recognized it too easily. It had not changed in the 20 years time difference. I recognized Fang on the front steps. He led me inside and poured me a cup of tea. Knowing Hagrid, they were bound to be a bit off but I couldn't say that. Instead, I told him I wasn't a fan of tea. He left my cup next to me and sat down opposite.

"So how are ya findin' the school?" he asked.

"Its really good," I said, hoping not to give anything away. "Its quite amazing what's been going on here."

"Dumbledore's work," he grinned. "Great man Dumbledore."

I had a lot of questions I wanted to ask and if I did on the basis that I was just a new kid without a clue of the magical world, I might get my answers. I just had to choose my words carefully.

"I have a question," I started.

"Fire away," he said comfortably.

"Umm...So you see, I am new to the magical world-"

"Been raised by Muggles?" he asked.

"Sort of. I just...I realized some of my friends acting a little weird."

"Won' be surprised if yer talkin' about Harry Potter. That boy has got a lot coming fer him."

Lily nodded slowly, "Yeah...What happened to him?"

"Well yer see," Hagrid started. "Its complicated. Harry is very sensitive about his life."

"I know. That's why I wanted to ask you. Harry seems to trust you."

Hagrid nodded, "That's true. There's nothin' Harry won' tell me. Alright what do yer wanna know?"

"Well like what happened to him? Hermione said he got expelled-"