Addicted to You

You wake up from a dream that escapes the grasp of your memory as soon as you try to think about it. The pool area of the Beach is already completely crowded and noisy, and not a single cloud can be found in the sky while the scorching summer sun is making you sweat in your jacket.

A pain in your back makes you want to stretch, but you halt immediately as you realize where you are.

You're still on the roof of the Beach, and you're still in Chishiya's arms. Has he really allowed you to fall asleep in his arms and is now waiting for you to wake up again? This has to be another part of your dream, and you're sure to really wake up any moment now.

His chest is moving in a slow and steady rhythm, and if you listen closely, you can hear his breath through all the noise around you. Taking an eternity, you move your head just so carefully to not disturb him, and when you're finally able to see his face through the corner of your eye, it is probably the most beautiful thing you have ever seen.

Chishiya has his eyes closed and his lips are slightly opened, and there's nothing condescending or mocking in his face. He seems to be asleep, looking so calm and peaceful as if he is a completely different person. You understand now what he meant with "people are vulnerable when they sleep", because seeing him like this, you feel the sudden need to protect him from anything bad in this world. Though you can't believe that someone like Chishiya would allow himself to fall asleep so easily in a situation like this, but why else should he be this calm and motionless?

The arm that was wrapped around your shoulder has fallen down to your side and is loosely resting there, while he still uses the other hand to support his position. It doesn't look comfortable at all and you wonder how one can sleep like that, but that's also a thing Chishiya has taught you. People are different – maybe it's completely normal for him to sit like this for hours?

You take another look on his mesmerizing appearance and then hide your face in the crook of his neck, but not without placing a tiny kiss on the warm skin of his collarbone. It's against his rules, but he will never know about this, giving you another small victory that can't be taken away by anyone. The smell of chlorine has completely vanished by now, and it's just him.

"I... I love you." You whisper into his skin, because you wouldn't dare to say it out loud when he was awake. But it is true, and you realize it the moment those tender words leave your lips. Not only have you developed interest in this man, it might really be as deep as love. There is no other explanation how your heart always wants to explode in moments like these even though you wanted to be angry at him not even half a day ago.

"You shouldn't."

Chishiya's voice is a bit rough, most likely because he hasn't talked for a while, and you immediately blush with shame. So he has been awake all the time, but why didn't he say anything about the kiss? Too conscience-stricken to look him in the eyes, you press your face against him even tighter.

"Why?" You mumble with a slightly shaking voice, not sure which of the dozen questions inside your head you want to have answered.

Chishiya breathes out audibly, his hand clasping your shoulder again. "Because it could kill you."

It's one of those rare times where you fully think through your answer before actually voicing it. Somewhere inside of you, it hurts to say them, but at the same time, you know they're true.

"Then it would be worth it."

He shifts his position and removes his hand from your body. You internally mourn over the sudden absence, but at least now's the chance to stretch properly. Chishiya casually rubs his wrist while locking eyes with you; while you were probably right about the uncomfortable position, it still makes you happy that he kept it for so long supposedly because you have been sleeping.