chapter 8

Dally and I walked home in silence. I didn't mind, I wasn't in the mood to talk anyways. Around five minutes away from the Curtis' house we heard a car pull up behind us. I didn't bother to look at who it was cause I already knew.

"Well look who we found." Bob sneered.

I turned around and laughed, "Nice nose."

Dally also laughed and we both faced forward and continued walking. Bob being the jerk he is pulled his car closer up.

"At least I won't have a foot long scar down my arm" he mumbled.

I completely forgot I even hurt my arm, I ran my fingers down the injury and it didn't hurt at all.

"Anyways, what the hell do you want?" I snapped.

"I want to see you bleed" He said "get her boys"

Three boys piled out of the car and Dally protectively pushed me behind him.

I stepped out from behind him "What Bob, you're too much of a wuss to take me on?"

He just stared at me I with pure disgust and said nothing.

"You scared?" I laughed and stepped closer to the car, "Little super soc is scared of me?"

"Why would I be scared of a little girl who's eyes are all puffy and red from crying all day?" He said and looked me up and down.

Suddenly all my sadness turned to pure anger. I punched him straight in his broken nose the same I did the first time.

"COULD A LITTLE GIRL DO THAT?!" I screamed in his face.

He folded over and held his bloody nose. He looked over at his possy and gave them a little nod. One of the boys grabbed both of my arms and held me back while another tried punching my face. Dallas got hold of the third boy and was beating the tar out of him. Right as one of the boys threw a punch at me I lifted my legs off the ground and used all my power to kick him in the gut. He fell to the ground and when I landed I made sure to give him one good kick in the head.

"Idiot" I whispered with venom laced in my voice.

The boy behind me still held onto my arms and I decided to take a risk knowing it would hurt me. I used all the power i had and flipped him over my head onto the concrete. He never let go and I flew on top of him and felt a pop in my shoulder. I let out a small groan but I wasn't done yet. I quickly got to my feet but do so the other boy. My left arm was completely limp but I chose to ignore it.

"You bitch!" he yelled at me as he threw a punch that I miraculously dodged.

I used my good arm to do an uppercut right to his jaw and he winced in pain. Then he flipped open his switch.

"DALLY!" I called and he ran over over to me.

The boy he was fighting was already knocked but you know Dally, enough is never enough for him.

He ran to the guy and picked him up and tossed him to the ground. The boys switch flew out of his hand and hit my shin, causing it to bleed.

"Cmon Dally let's get out of here." I tell him as we both set off running to the Curtis' house.

We knew we lost them two minutes away from the gangs' house but we continued to run just in case. I felt blood drip from my shin down to my shoes and i attempted to pop my arm back into place.

"What the hell are you doing man?" Dally asked between breaths as he watched me as i moved my shoulder in uncomfortable positions in attempt to reattach it.

"I just dislocated my shoulder, it's no big deal really" i reply.

"Cmon kid don't lie to me"

"I swear its not as bad as it looks" i try to convince him "this has happened to me millions of times."

"sure..."

When we reached the house my arm was still dangling out of place but i was confident i'd be able to put it back. when we walked into the house soda and steve were arm wresting, two bit was watching mickey, darry was in the kitchen and johnny and pony were sitting on the couch talking.

"Hey guys." Dally said as he entered "can you help her get fixed up?"

"Yeah one second" Darry called from the kitchen.

when he walked out his eyes immediately fell on my arm.

"what in gods name happened to you" he asked as he inspected my injury.

"Socs" i muttered cooley.

"alright come here." he gestured over to the bathroom.

we walked by soda and steve's arm wrestle competition on the way.

"oh hey Elise" steve grunted as he got tired from the match.

"Elise?" soda said and dropped his arm "hey! wow, what happened?"

"socs, didnt ya hear her the first time?" dally snapped.

"i'm gonna-" soda started.

"do nothing because you can't get in any trouble" darry cut him off.

"yeah we beat em up pretty good anyways, right dal'?"

"yeah we did now get your arm and leg fixed will ya?" dally asked being impatient.

"yeah yeah" i murmured.

darry and i walked to the bathroom and i sat on the counter. soda then came in and leaned in the door way as darry inspected my shoulder

"it looks like it's dislocated, you may need to go to the do-"

"i'm not going to the doctors, just pop it back into place i'll be fine." i cut him off.

"sure kid" darry replied. "this is gonna hurt"

i bit the tip of my tongue as darry held my shoulder and put a painful amount of pressure on it. then i heard and felt a pop and felt pain shoot up my arm.

"son of a bitch" i whispered as i rotated my shoulder "hey it feels better already, thanks darry" i said and hopped off the counter.

"woah not so fast little buddy, we still gotta clean that cut."

"no thanks" i smiled and started to walk out but soda stopped me.

"cmon it's not that bad" he laughed and lifted me up and placed me on the counter.

i grunted but didn't refuse. darry took my leg and rubbed achohal on it. i winced in pain but it didn't last long before it was over. he then put a bandaid over it. great bandaids look wimpy and i ain't no wimp.

"thanks again darry" i spoke as i hopped off the counter for good this time.

when i walked out of the bathroom all the boys were sitting on the couch, chairs, and floor in a circle.

"cmon guys!! we are playing truth or dare!" two bit yelled from the couch.

——————————
1160 words

——————————1160 words