Quidditch: Slytherin v. Gryffindor

Start from the beginning

She soon found herself walking back to the Gryffindor common room, heels in hand with Hermione and Ginny, both of whom, also had removed their shoes.

Heels were not comfortable, though wedges were much more bearable.

"When did we make plans to study?" asked Estella, as they approached the portrait hole.

"We didn't but it was obvious Ian was about to ask to go hang out, just the two of you," said Ginny.

"Dilligrout," said Hermione, and the door swung open.

"Ian doesn't like me," said Estella.

Hermione and Ginny exchanged skeptical looks.

"I swear, he doesn't like me," pressed Estella.

"Who doesn't like you?" said a voice from the couch.

"Harry! You're back earlier than I thought," said Estella, who plopped next to him on the couch and leaned over to kiss him.

"Ian," said Ginny, earning a glare from Estella.

Ian most certainly did not like her.

"No, he doesn't," she said dryly.

"That's surprising," muttered Ron, who left Lavender Brown at a table in the corner and moved into the armchair closest to the fireplace.

Estella forced Harry to look at her. "He doesn't like me."

His eyes narrowed.

"He doesn't!" she said loudly.

"Remember when you told me that Cho liked me and I didn't believe you?"

"That's not like this," sighed Estella.

Not caring she was wearing a dress, Estella laid down, her head on Harry's lap and her feet on Hermione.

If anyone looked they'd see black spandex anyway.

"You guys look good," said Ron, though his eyes lingered on Hermione.

"Thanks, Ron," said Hermione, her face blushing ever-so-slightly.

"Very beautiful," whispered Harry, his thumb skimmed her cheek.

She giggled and whispered, "I know."

The next morning, Estella, Harry, Ron, and Hermione set off to Herbology where he filled them in as they walked across the vegetable patch toward the greenhouses. The weekend's brutal wind had died out at last; the weird mist had returned and it took them a little longer than usual to find the correct greenhouse.

"Wow, scary thought, the boy You-Know-Who," said Ron quietly, as they took their places around one of the gnarled Snargaluff stumps that formed this term's project, and began pulling on their protective gloves. "But I still don't get why Dumbledore's showing you all this. I mean, it's really interesting and everything, but what's the point?"

"Dunno," said Harry, inserting a gum shield. "But he says it's all important and it'll help me survive."

"I think it's fascinating," said Hermione earnestly, and Estella nodded. She only knew clippers of Tom Riddle's rise to power. "It makes absolute sense to know as much about Voldemort as possible. How else will you find out his weakness?"

"So how was Slughorn's latest party?" Harry asked the two through the gum shield.

"Oh, it was quite fun, really. Much better with Estella and Ian," said Hermione, now putting on protective goggles. "I mean, he drones on about famous ex-pupils a bit, and he absolutely fawns on McLaggen because he's so well-connected, but he gave us some really nice food and he introduced us to Gwenog Jones."