Chapter ten

Megan's pov:
The morning came and I'd woken up at 6:30am with vinnie shaking me all excited, he was like a child on Christmas.
"Happy birthday!!" My mum hugged me and led me into the living room where there were banners with matching balloons decorating the room, she'd put so much effort into this.
I sat cross legged on the carpet as I pulled open the metallic pink wrapping paper that covered my presents and I smiled when I received a few clothes, chocolate and a cute pair of shoes. I hugged my mum thanking her for my gifts and then out of nowhere vinnie pulled a box from behind his back handing it to me and I didn't expect him to get me anything but I was graceful.
"Do you like it?" I held up the glistening bracelet and I was shocked, it was beautiful.
"I love it" I chucked my arms around his neck and then my eyes went wide.
"This must've been expensive" I added looking at him.
"It doesn't matter" he smiled at me and then I held my wrist out as he clipped it on then I ran my fingertips over the little Diamond gems starched to it. Vinnie and my mother really spoiled me.

After a little nap from waking up so early I jumped into the shower to freshen up before I started to get ready for tonight, I was having family over and then I planned on heading to a bonfire at the school later on in the night when everyone left.
I was quite excited now that the time was coming and I hoped vinnie would go to the bonfire with me, that is if he's even going.
"So.. what do you think?" My bestfriend walked out of my bathroom wearing a pair of black trousers and a white shirt along with a red tie I had picked out for him with my mum, he looked proper handsome.
"You look cuteee" i shrieked and then gestured for him to come to me so I could adjust his tie.
He stared down at me as I did so and then I smiled pushing his hair back from his face.
"Thanks" Vinnie kept his eyes on me as I nodded and then I got back to doing my hair.
I applied some mascara with a finish of clear lipstick and looked at myself in the mirror wearing my new dress, it was so pretty.
"My baby girl" my mother teared up abit as she hugged me and then vinnie smiled looking at my dress.
"This is so cool" I pinched a piece of fruit from the buffet table and then laughed as my mother hit vinnies arm to stop him from eating anymore that he already had.
"No one is even here yet. You can't finish the food before the party has even started" my mum shook her head and then I sat down to watch tv while I waited for our guests.

I stood by the door hugging loads of people as they passed me gifts and cards with bright smiles on their faces but the more people I greeted I still hadn't came across my father, I didn't know if he was coming.
"You ok?" Vinnie stood beside me and I nodded with a half smile then we walked over to the buffet table piling our plates.
"I remember when you were only this tall" my mother's friend laughed looking at me with her friendly green eyes and I couldn't put names to faces but I knew who they were.
"She's growing up so fast" my mum smiled at me and then vinnie placed a hand to waist.
"You both still causing trouble" I heard a voice and then when I turned I saw someone I hadn't expected to see, I haven't seen him in years but now here he is standing there with a card in his hand.
"Roger" my mother gasped and I stood still not being able to move my feet from the spot. My father smiled hugging me awkwardly and then passing vinnie my card because I was still unable to do anything, I was shocked.
"I didn't think you'd come" I gulped as I noticed my mothers friends whispering behind me and I just hoped he wasn't going to say anything stupid infront of everyone.
He always knew how to shock a crowd and he'd did just that by turning up to my party, the party he should've been to all the years before.
"I couldn't miss my daughters 18th" he laughed and then stopped when my mother glared at him.
He took himself into the kitchen with her and then when they were out of sight vinnie pulled me to the side.
"He looks a mess" I sighed speaking quietly so no one could hear us and I felt a bit hurt seeing him in his condition, he looked dirty with torn up clothes on his body. Why was he like this?
"He showed up like you wanted him to and he's even gotten you a card" vinnie looked at me and when I didn't respond as I saw my father stuffing his mouth with food my bestfriend clenched his jaw. Why after so many years was he here now? I may have wanted him here but I didn't understand, something wasn't right.
"You used to cook better than this" my father scoffed spitting out some chicken onto his plate and then a few peoples eyes went to him in disgust, what was he doing?!
He was embarrassing me infront of my mothers friends with his rude words and horrible manners, he wasn't trying to make a good impression at all. Surely he'd behave better after not seeing me for a while.
"Roger, it's Megan's birthday. Can you please keep your voice down a bit and not play with your food" my mum gave him a death stare and then held her hand to her face when he stumbled back into the table causing a glass to smash.
"Dad please" I pulled him back to his feet and then he wiped his face with his grubby hands. That's when I knew what was going on, he'd been drinking and I could smell it on him. God knows what he'd been doing the past few months, the strong stench from his body was floating around in my nose and I wanted to smack him so hard to tell him to sort himself out. I wanted to disappear from that room and hide myself in my bed.
"I'm sorry love, I just needed to ask for a favour and I got nervous before coming" I nodded trying to stop him from talking and I tried not to show any emotion but I was crushed that he only came here for money, not to actually see me.
I looked over to vinnie who was watching with fire in his eyes and I could tell he was mad, he hated my father. He always had even when we were kids.
"Vinnie it's fine" I grabbed his arm as he started to walk towards my dad and he shook me off ignoring my pleads to not do anything but it wasn't gonna stop him.
He punched my dad causing him to fall into the buffet and wrecking the kitchen while everyone stared with hands over their mouths.
My mother yelled at the two men attacking eachother and then when I decided to try stop the fight vinnie looked at me searching my face. He grabbed my father by his collar as I held his arm.
"Get out" he spat into his face and then let him go.
My father scattered across the room and then opened the front door looking back at my mother but she didn't make eye contact.
"I hope you like the card" he left out of the house I felt a tear trying to escape my eye as I felt vinnies hand on my shoulder and then when he noticed my frown he pulled me into him holding me tight.

By the time it turned 9 everyone had left and vinnie helped my mum clear up after the incident making sure to pick up all the glass, he apologised a few times to her but she told him she didn't blame him while I sat on the couch staring at the ceiling.
"I'm going to the bonfire soon" I stood up and then headed up to my room wanting to change out of my dress.
I rummaged through my closet huffing and yanking thinking about my father, I thought he was over this.
I thought he was gonna be different and maybe even actually act like a parent instead of a crazy man with no life, at this point he genuinely didn't have a life obviously.
"You alright?"
"Mhm" I took my dress off not caring for vinnies presence, I was too angry to care about anything right now.
"Woah Megan" he covered his face and then turned away letting me get changed.
I put this on:

And then quickly shoved my shoes onto my feet

"You coming?" I asked.
Vinnie nodded grabbing his phone and then we both headed out driving to the school in his car.
"You made it" Noah fist bumped vinnie and then I smiled at him heading over to the table where they were serving snacks and drinks.
"If you want alcohol you'll have to get it from the back" one of the girls winked at me making sure no one heard her and then I grinned at her thanking her with a nod.
"Your not drinking Megan" vinnie grabbed my arm and I pulled away rolling my eyes.
"I can do what I want" I walked over to a group of guys and they all cheered me on as I downed the toxic liquid not caring that I was being a hypocrite by drinking when I said my dad couldn't, at least I wasn't an alcoholic.
"Stop serving her man" vinnie warned one of the guys and I laughed pulling him away from his face.
"He's joking. Ignore him" I placed a hand to the black haired guys chest and smiled at him but he still refused to feed me anymore alcohol with vinnie around.
"Your so annoying".
"I'm just trying to stop you from acting out. Your dad isn't worth it".
"I know He's not, this is nothing to do with him" it was.
He stopped me in my trails and I looked up at him crossing my arms like a little girl.
"I care about you Megan and I don't want you to drink your feelings away like this, I know how I feels so please just come home with me" when I felt a bit touched by his words I did consider taking his hand and choosing the more mature way to handle this until I saw her.
"I'm ok thanks" I smiled sarcastically and he sighed feeling daisys hands slither over his waist, she actually disgusts me.
"Wow, you actually look pretty for once even if you stink of vodka" she looked me up and down with a slight smirk running her fingers underneath vinnies shirt. She knew what she was doing and I wasn't gonna let her get to me.
"You two have fun. You can have him anyway since he's into whores" I'm shocked by my owns and I didn't expect these words coming from mouth, I've never stuck up for myself like this but it felt good.
Daisy scoffed pulling vinnie away with her and he looked back for a moment before following the blonde.