Part 8

Diego P.O.V

I knew my brother, and I knew that he didn't want any of us here in his home. Especially not with the human girl around. I had asked one of the servant girls who exactly the human was and she told me that her name was Rogue, and she was Ryder's mate... his human mate. 
I could be cruel but I would never kill my brother's mate, and I didn't think Dylan would, either. We might have a taste of her when our dear brother wasn't looking but we would never kill her. 

"I'm bored," Dylan sighed from the bed, throwing an empty blood bag onto the rumpled sheets.

I rolled my eyes. Out of the three of us, Dylan was the most dramatic. Ryder used to like playing games, he was the sadistic one, before... ugh, I didn't even want to think about it. But thinking about how my brother used to be got me wondering how, exactly, he met the small fragile human named Rogue. 
A smirk tugged on my lips as I thought of something, "Then let's go have some fun,"

Ryder P.O.V

Her head was resting on my shoulder, both of us staring at the ceiling in silence when I caught their scents. I stiffened, sitting up, Rogue still clutched to my chest.

"What's wrong?" she asked, moving hair from her face.

I growled, looking to the window as their scents got closer. 

"Well, isn't this nice?" Dylan chirped from where he stood just in front of the now open window, looking around the room, "This is way better than our room,"

Diego hummed in agreement, but his eyes weren't focused on the room. They were focused on the small being clutching my waist and shrinking back in fear, her heart pounding wildly in her chest. 
I held her tighter as I glowered at my brothers, "What do you want?"

Dylan shrugged as Diego finally looked away from Rogue and looked to me.

"We got bored," Dylan sat lazily in a comfortable red armchair near the window, then raised his brows at me, "Why, brother, I'm quite upset. Why didn't you tell us you had found your mate?"

"Because it's none of your business," I growled, standing and releasing Rogue, "Get out,"

In an instant, Diego was on the other side of the bed. His hand tilted Rogue's head back, exposing her neck to his mouth and nose. I snarled protectively as a possessiveness filled me and I yanked her from his grasp, making her yelp. 
I felt my eyes flashing from silver to green as I debated whether or not I should kill him right here, or capture him, bring him to the dungeons and torture him slowly.

"R-Ryder," Rogue stuttered.

I hadn't realized how tightly I had been holding her and relaxed my grip enough so she could breathe again, but tight enough so my brothers could clearly see that if they laid one more finger on her then I would rip them limb-from-limb, slowly.

"So protective," he purred, "I'm surprised you haven't lashed out yet,"

I growled, "Oh, believe me, I want to,"

But I couldn't, I didn't want my little Rogue to see me like that. I wanted her to stay innocent, I didn't want her to see death like that. 

"But that would scare you, wouldn't it, little thing?" Dylan smirked at her from where he still lounged on the chair.

"Don't you dare talk to her!" I snarled, my vision flashing red. 

"Ryder, it's okay," she murmured, nuzzling into my chest.

It calmed me somewhat. I started to walk to the door, not daring take my eyes off my brothers or let go of my Rogue. She stumbled after me as I opened the door and looked over to the two demons in our bedroom.