𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟼 - 𝚂𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐

Start from the beginning

"Ah, Ray. Could you get the flour? I'll go get us some sugar. They're quite nearby." I mentioned, leaving him to go get some sugar.

"I gotcha, don't worry." he reassured. Not long after I left, he gave me a call. He complained, asking why there were so many kinds of flour.

"Get the one that says 'All-purpose'. That's the one we need." I sighed.

"Oh, okay. Thanks." he ended the call. Goodness...

Hmm, I need to create a plan. Ten seconds is all I need to think.

Let's buy the dry ingredients first. So far, flour and sugar seem to be our only dry ingredients. We could get eggs later.

After that, the flavors, such as strawberries, syrups, chocolate chips, and many more.

Finally, while we're at the cashier, I'll go ahead and get the ingredients that have the possibility to melt.

"Ray, did you get them? We need around 5 packs of it. We're feeding the school and strangers." I reminded.

"Don't worry." he reassured, slowly getting more flour and putting it inside the cart.

"Wow." I shook my head disapprovingly. He chuckled at my reaction to his foolishness.

"Okay, let's get the flavors next. Let's get some syrup. Fruits will be saved for later. Chocolate chips might melt so let's do that after the fruits." I planned.

"I don't quite understand why we need to do that but okay." he gave me a thumbs-up.

"It's so that they stay as fresh as possible. I wouldn't want them to melt. It'll be troublesome to manage." I stated.

"Ah, I see." he nodded.

"Lovely. Now, we should get both chocolate and strawberry syrup. Be a dear and reach them for me." I requested.

He nodded and grabbed the syrup at the top of the shelf. Goodness, who in their right mind would put them up so high?

"I remember the next one. We're going to get strawberries now, right?" he questioned. I'm surprised he actually paid attention.

"Indeed." I replied, heading to the fruits section. I sent Ray to get strawberries and berries.

"Oh, I nearly forgot. We need bananas too. How silly of me." I chuckled. Ray came back with the stuff I asked for.

"Mama." someone tugged on my pants.

"Oh my." I looked down to see a child.

"I'm not your mother, sweetheart. Are you perhaps lost?" I inquired, bending down to match the child's height.

"Mama." he still called me that. He's still at that age where he can't properly speak, huh?

"Sweetheart, I'm not your mom. However, I'll be your temporary one until we find your actual mom." I declared.

"Hold on, shouldn't we just ask other people to handle the kid?" Ray retorted.

"I mean, we could but...he's too adorable!" I argued. This made Ray sweatdrop and he had no choice but to deal with it.

"Let's walk around the grocery store in hopes the child would spot his parents." Ray suggested.

"Let's continue while we're at it, too." I said. Now that we got all the fruits needed, we should go line up.

"I wanna get a drink for the child." I mentioned.

"We'll go out of budget if you do that. That'll be a hindrance. Don't bother." Ray retorted.