CHAPTER 8

Today   was the big day when neil was going to propose to audrey in the o.r. where they both met. also today was neils first full day as chief in his new office.

neil didnt want to give a hint that he was going to propose today. so, as always neil went to his office or his new office that he got as chief. 

he ran into Claire when he was on the way.

hey, dr. Melendez. Claire said.

hey claire. neil said. 

 are you going to dr.lim s office? she asked as she no one except neil,audrey and glassman knew that neil was the chief. 

no claire i am the new chief so that is my office and i am going to my office. neil said.

oh i am sorry i didnt know. claire said. 

its fine. neil said and walked away. 

claire sighed and got back to work.

neil entered the office.

it same as his previous office, not much difference.

A FEW HOURS LATER.........

Neil was in the market buying a bouquet ( i know that is so not neil but this is an AU which means alternate universe). he wanted it to be special.

After buying the bouquet neil was looking at it. it was beautiful full of roses, jasmines ,sunflowers,daises (audreys fav) and what not all kind of flowers. 

neil got to the hospital. he ran into audrey on the way in but she wheeling a patient in. she gave him who are these for glare. but ran away quickly. 

Neil breathed a sigh of releif. 

Neil had the ring i coat pocket. this morning, he made sure to put it in there when audrey was not looking. 

Now neil was sitting in his office, doing nothing. Just thinking that he had no patient contact this day.

He got out of the office.

Chief Melendez dr. Glassman wants to meet with you. A nurse said.

Now he knew that word had got around that he was the new chief.

Neil had no other surgery plus he hadnt done any surgery since he was back. He decided to schedule one after his meeting with glassman.

Neil went to glassmans office and knocked on the door.

Who is it? Glassman asked from inside.

Melendez. Neil said.

Come on in. Glassman said.

Neil entered and the room was full of people. Neil was confused but didn't let it show.

Melendez. This is the board of the hospital. Glassman said and as Glassman said each of their names they stood up and shook Neils hand.

He thought it was just a meeting with glassman.

Melendez come on sit.  Glassman said.

Yeah. Neil said and took the only empty seat.

They all sat there for a while. Neil was bored as he wanted to do a surgery.

1 hour later.

Melendez. We are done. Glassman said getting up.

Neil was about to doze off. The surgery he wanted to do was taken up by someone else.

Everyone got up and started getting out of the room.

Melendez. Stay here. Glassman said.
End
What could glassman need from neil? Know in the next chapter. Sorry for the short chapter i have nothing to write except neils proposal to audrey. And the gallery thingy i wont be doing it.
Have a great day
Isha