Chapter 5

A/n: It's nicks birthday today. (The actor who plays Melendez) so I thought why not release a chapter in the honour for his birthday. So enjoy.

Recap of the previous chapter.......

So...Neil, you must know that Audrey quit as cheif. Glassman began

She did what? Neil shouted.
Present........
Audrey, you ain't tell him yet? Glassman asked Audrey.

Audrey looked down in embarrassment, shifting her feet nervously on the floor.

She didn't. Neil said answering for Audrey.

So now you know would you like to be the new cheif? Glassman asked Neil.

Dr Glassman, I think we need to talk about this. Neil said looking at Audrey.

Alright. Take all the time you need but I need your decision first thing in the morning.

Glassman left the room.

Is there anything you want to tell me? Neil asked sternly.

Neil. I didn't wanna be cheif anymore. This was the thing that broke us. You never wanted to be cheif I did it broke us. I just wanted to forget this and I thought it was only fair this way. Audrey said.

Alright. I get it. Neil said.

Thanks. Audrey said.

Are you okay if I take the position? Neil asked. Deep inside he always wanted the position. Even when he said to Audrey that he didn't want the job.

I am totally fine, if you want it, accept Glassman s offer. Audrey said.

Glad we are on the same page. Neil said.

Are we okay? Audrey asked.

Of course, we are. Neil said hugging her.

She hugged Neil back and they both held hands but parted ways when Audrey was paged down to the E.R.

Neil got back to his office.

The only park was there, studying something.

Dr Park, I wanna talk to you. Can we go to my cabin? Neil asked.

Yeah, alright. Park said.

Take a seat. Neil said as they entered Neils cabin.

Park took a seat.

So what do you want to talk about? Park asked.

So I saw you with Claire....you both together? Neil asked, it was none of his business but he cared about Claire like she was his sister.

So you saw us....yeah we are together. And can we please not talk about this I don't talk about my personal life with my boss. Park said.

I understand. But Claire is like my sister if you hurt her, in any way, I will make sure I am no longer your boss. Neil threatened.

Park nodded and said. I will never hurt her, I love her not the way you did.

Alright,  you can leave. Neil said.

Thanks. Park said.

Neil was Claire s brother, comforting her in times of need like when her mother died, showed her the right way, mentored her, scolded her.  All the things an elder brother did.

After some time, Neils day was finished as he was taking it easy for a few days. He decided to Gabbi.

He drove over to the care home Gabbi was in.

He signed in.

Hey, gabi. He said holding her hand.

Hey, Neil. She said slightly stuttering.

She was solving a puzzle.

Neil. She said pointing to a puzzle piece.

Here you go. Neil said placing the piece.

Suddenly Gabbi stopped speaking.

Gabbi. Neil said.

She didn't respond, Neil picked her up, sat her in his car. She wasn't breathing, no pulse, no heartbeat.

This caused Neil to tear up.

He quickly sat in and drove off to the hospital.

His eyes were full of tears. He kept honking but the cars wouldn't budge moving.

There s an emergency please stay outta the way. Neil shouted with his head out of the window.

The cars gave him way. He drove as fast as he could breaking the lights.

He reached the hospital.

I need some help. He shouted to the nurses.

The nurses brought a bed. Audrey was with them.

Neil..what happened? She asked.

She collapsed right in my arms, no signs of vitals. Neil said tearing up.

Calm down, it will be fine. Audrey said as she ran with the nurses.

Neil followed them.

You can't go in. You are her brother. Claire said pointing to the waiting chair.

Okay. Neil said and sat on it. Tears rolling on his face.
End
Hey, don't kill me for this cliffhanger again. Cliffhanger on each and every chapter. What will happen to gabbi? Will neil accept as cheif? Will neil hold on? Know in the next chapter.
HAve a good day/night
Janvi