thirty four

"Get up losers, it's Christmas" Jackson bangs on the door which causes me to groan. What time is it? I wiggle out of Owen's grip and grab my phone off the bedside table. 8:28. Not bad. I start lightly kissing around Owen's face, down his neck and along his collarbone to wake him up. I feel his fingers spread around my hips and just like that he's awake.

"Merry Christmas baby" His morning voice is deep and makes me want to lay here all day.

"Merry Christmas my love" I whisper back and then jump out of bed and throw on one of his hoodies which falls over my body like a huge blanket. "Let's go open presents!" He groans but I drag him out of bed anyways.

We get downstairs and there's coffee sitting on the kitchen counter which I grab as does Owen. We go into the living room and find everyone sleepily talking, waiting for us to start. Once all the presents are passed out, we start opening them. I start with mine from my brothers which are all clothes and a couple vinyl records which I absolutely love. Then I move onto my parents gifts, one small box catches my eye and when I open it, it holds a key, a very familiar key.

"Mom? what is this?" I knew exactly what it was but I feel like I'm being pranked.

"Well, you always talk about the Bronco and you've been using it so much we decided to give it to you. You can sell your car in LA and just drive the Bronco home with you." I squeal for the second time within 24 hours and jump up to hug my mom. I helped her choose this car, heavily insisted on the baby blue one because it was obviously the best one! And now it's all mine!

"Liv which one do I open first?" the other day, I had given Owen strict instructions that he needed to open the presents from small to large.

"The smallest first then the middle one and then you need to wait for the big one" He nods and tears open the smallest package. He pulls out the Seattle Mariners hat and has a huge smile on his face. The Mariners have been my family's team since before I was born, the present is a small nod to that and obviously I had to get him a hat for Christmas, it's basically a personality trait of his to collect hats. I watch as he moves onto the longer box. This present was the one I was most proud of this year. It took me forever to get done and I was so happy with how it turned out. He opens the box and pulls out the brand new drumsticks. The left has Alex Mercer engraved in the handle and the right has Forever and Always. I know he understands what the symbolism is, I would be concerned if he didn't, we got a reminder tattooed on our bodies for crying out loud.

"Liv... this is amazing, you're amazing" He moves over to me and I give no hesitation as I lean in to kiss him, a short one of course because everyone is here with us.

"I'm glad you like them, I just thought when you're using them, you'll know I'm always there and that I love you and the Alex thing is so you always remember him when it's all over" I smile, blushing slightly at the meaning behind them.

"I love you so much" He leans his forehead against mine for a second until he remembers that I haven't opened my gift from him. "Okay open mine now"

I chuckle but pull the box up from the floor anyways. I open it and when I pull the large picture from the box, my breath hitches in my throat. I'm looking at a huge map of the stars.

"It's from the day we met" He starts but I speak as he's finishing, remembering the day very clearly.

"October 8th" We say at the same time.

I glance over at him with a bewildered look, I can't believe he remembers, I mean of course I do but I feel like guys don't normally pay attention to the small details like that. "I was going to do the day we started dating but I thought back and the minute we met, it felt like the stars aligned. I know that's cheesy as hell but it's true. Once we met, I finally understand what everyone's been singing about" I smile at his explanation of the very sweet gift.