"Emir, I'm tired," she sobs. "Losing you, losing Ayla ... it would break me."

"You're not going to lose us," he swears to her. "I'll get whatever test you need to prove I'm telling you the truth."

Somehow that hurts her even more. That no matter how much she swore not to hurt Emir, that's exactly what she did. That no matter how much they swore to not let Melisa come between them, she has. And that despite all of that, Emir is still right here in front of her, holding her. Comforting her. When she can see the pain that she put in his eyes. Her crying calms down eventually and she just stares at him.

"You're angry at me," she guesses. She starts to feel more tears well up, but she forces them not to fall.

"It's this whole situation, Reyhan," he says with a frustrated sigh. "I hate what Melisa is doing and I hate not being able to figure out why. Or to stop her from hurting us. You, especially. But I'm mostly sad she was able to come between us like this. That you don't trust me."

"Emir ..."

"No, I get it," he interrupts her. "I do. I've hurt you so much in the past that I still need to earn your trust."

"I didn't do this to hurt you," Reyhan explains, still admirably keeping the tears at bay. "I just wanted to make sure you didn't suffer because of me. But you're suffering anyway. And I'm the only one to blame. I'm so sorry."

She gets up and goes into the bedroom, leaving him in the living room. Hoping he'll come after her. But he doesn't. Instead, she hears the front door open and then close and she knows he's gone. Too late Reyhan realizes Melisa got exactly what she wanted.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Emir waits until he hopes she's asleep before coming home. But he's surprised to see the light on in the bedroom. She isn't in the bed, though. She's fallen asleep in the chair by the window. Probably looking for him all night. He feels guilty for leaving her to worry. He's not going to lie. He was angry and hurt. But he just needed some time to fix his bruised ego. Too many times before, his pride has caused more problems than necessary. He refused to let that happen this time. So he went out. He cooled down. And suddenly her point of view isn't as incomprehensible as he originally thought. He can see where she's coming from. He understands the pain he's put her through in the past. He understands her insecurities. He's just going to have to work harder in the future to let her know that she's the only one he wants to be with.

He walks quietly into the room and walks over to her, his heart aching at the dried tears on her cheeks.

"Reyhan," he whispers to her, sweeping a lock of hair out of her face. "Wake up. Let's get you in the bed."

"I'm not asleep," she mutters, sleepily curling towards him.

All he can do is smile at how cute she is.

"I can't sleep without you," she adds, still half asleep. "We have to make up."

That makes him laugh.

"You are asleep, Baby."

"I'm up. See?" She blinks open her eyes and lets out a huge yawn. "Don't be mad at me anymore, okay? I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry for," he tells her, nuzzling her nose with his own. "We played right into Melisa's hands and I let my pride get the better of me. Again."

"I'm still sorry," she says, stroking his cheek with her hand. "I even got you flowers, just like you got me flowers the other day to make up."

"Oh yeah? I thought it was the guy who has to buy the flowers," he chuckles.