Be Careful // Thomas

”Be careful.” You whispered as you saw Thomas running into the maze.

        You said that everyday, whether he could hear it or not. It was somewhat of a good luck charm of yours to keep him safe. You sauntered away from the maze entrance and to your job, looking back a few times, almost expecting Thomas to run back out and hug you. 

        The antagonizing feeling of loneliness overwhelms your system as you make your way to your job; which was a med jack. It was a pretty decent job, at least you wern’t a slopper or a bagger. 

        You yawned once you got into the building. You should have gotten more sleep, but you were up all night thinking about life before the glade, which ended up making you sad so you had to stop.

        “Hey, Y/n. Get enough sleep last night?” Clint laughed and punched you slightly in the shoulder, which prompted you to push him to the ground. You’re just not in the mood this morning.

        “Sorry.” He laughed once more before going into another room.

        “Maybe I can get some sleep.” You sighed before sitting in a chair. You rested your head on your hand and began to doze off.

      “Wake up shank, you got an injury to tend to!” You heard Clint yell.

        You jolted awake and stood up to find your wounded glader. To your surprise and dismay, it was Thomas.

        “Oh, hey Y/n.” He chuckled nervously.

        You sighed and shook your head, only to hear him groan.

        “I know, but I tripped! It’s not my fault!”

        “But still, I don’t like seeing you here every other day.” 

        “You know you love kissing my cuts.” He winked.

        “That I do enjoy, but it seems that you twisted your ankle. Congratulations, you get to stay off your feet for a while.”

        “At least I have you to take care of me.” He smiled.

        You grinned back at him before kissing him on the cheek.

        “What else would I be here for.”

A/N: Creds || the-mazerunner-imagines || <----- Tumblr