1. Bittersweet

I can't believe I'm actually doing this. Is this even real? I really hope it isn't. 

SHE'S HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS about this whole thing. The therapist said that it was normal to have mixed feeling about this whole arcade. She kept repeating to herself that mere thought, in hopes of calming her nerves down. 

 "God, why did I wear this dress?" She asked herself while scratching her arm, the stiff material feeling coarse against her skin.

She's woken up from her little misery by someone roughly shaking her shoulder "Delilah you okay? We've been going through the plan, but you weren't even fazed by our words." Her lawyer, Ally, said while looking at the silent girl with worry. "I'm fine, the counsel section drained me a little, but everything is fine, I'm okay" Delilah replied to her, the last part almost reassuring herself instead of them.

 Everyone said this was the easy part, the young girl was already out of the relationship, so everyone assumed she would now finally be okay. Of course, minus the post- traumatic disorders the girl will most probably develop. Delilah wouldn't admit it out loud, but she honestly thought that this was the worst part, facing her tormentor. Because now the bubble she used to live in has popped, she's no longer the love-sick girl she used to be. The girl who used to make excuses for the abuse, the girl who used to look past the bad things he did is long gone. Everything has change. She has change, and that's what scared her the most. Nothing will ever be the same.

 God, I'm shaking badly and I'm sure every pore in my body is sweating. "....You'll be testifying against him." "WHAT?!" Delilah screeched. The outburst being very out of character for the brunette young girl.

"That wasn't part of what we discussed, you told me he wasn't even going to be in the room. Ally please don't do this to me. No, you can't do this to me." The girl screamed frantically at Ally,her lawyer, in any other situation she wouldn't even raise her voice at anyone for that matter.

 If any outsider could describe Delilah Flores with words, they would most probably describe her as sweet, naive, innocent, a push-over. In life, one can identify natural born leaders. The kids who would be class president, for instance, or if in a party where there's a group of little girls where one stands out from the rest, they follow her around and listen to her every command.

 Delilah Flores wasn't like those types of girls. She wasn't one to give commands, she was one to obey them.

"It's go time" Ally announced while looking at Delilah with pity, just like everyone has done this past few days.

Delilah sighed loudly, trying to calm herself  down. She has been naturally a pretty anxious gal since little. The therapist told the young girl's mom, Helena Flores, that it was a result of growing up in a stressful home.

When said that at the time, Helena just turned a deaf ear to the therapist. She was one for living up to the "ignorance is bliss" lifestyle. Ignoring the debts, her daughter, her failing marriage. In other words, ignoring everything in life that made her uncomfortable or stressed, or simply things that she didn't like or didn't want to deal with. 

Helena grasped her daughter's hand tightly, trying to give her some sort of comfort. It was obvious that the mother was actually way more nervous than the actual daughter was "I love you Delilah, you can do this" Helena whispered with teary eyes. "I love you too mom..." Delilah whispered back looking straight into her mother's green eyes.

Then the tall mahogany doors opened. 

Delilah's high heel clad feet made a click sound as she walks down the aisle and takes her place. The young girl doesn't want to look up, she already feels his burning stare. She felt it the moment she had entered the room.

Why are there so many people? 

Rows and rows of seats are all occupied with people who didn't actually care for both parties, they were only there to get all the juicy details of the town's latest drama. Do they expect me to pour my heart out to millions of strangers? As the girl's doe like eyes look up, only to find those mesmerizing hazel eyes staring right back at her.

The last time she saw him was before she blacked out after being beaten up to pulp by the owner of those beautiful hazel eyes, she distinctly remembers seeing anger, worry, and maybe regret? Behind those same captivating eyes. 

 "Good morning everyone..." The jury was tuned out, Delilah was still looking at the person on the stand, the man of her nightmares and what used to be the man of her dreams, before everything went to hell. 

He looks ravishing as always, he was seated with his lawyer. Nate is one the persons who you look at while walking down the street and they're so attractive and mesmerizing that you keep wondering about them for the rest of the day, and it also doesn't help the case when the sucker is so fucking charismatic. He for once combed that black hair of his, he looked really good in that suit, which he for sure definitely put up a fight when he was asked to wear it.

Nate used to say that he felt like he was choking every time he wore a tie.
"I strongly believe that ties were originally torture devices and people just thought they looked stylish enough so they decided to make them not only expensive, but also fucking impossible to put one on, I'm only speaking facts here , love."

It was like a thing he was instructed to say every single time someone said the word tie.

"I'm sorry" Nate mouthed. Neither of them knew if he was apologizing for what he has done or for  what was about to happen. Delilah highly doubted  someone as narcissistic and egocentric as Nate Black would ever feel remorse for everything he's ever done.

 At some point towards the end of the relationship she  even thought he used to be proud of every scar or bruise imprinted on her olive  skin. She bets he even  found it amusing how the damage girl would flinch every time he made a sudden move. But either way he loved her, or at least that was what she used to say.

"Me too" she mouthed back, tears blurring her vision. Delilah has always been very sentimental, she cries very easily. Her mother used to say that it was because of her "corazón de pollito". People at school used to say that it was because she was a crybaby.

 She's so very sorry for feeling like she  failed everyone, even herself. She wishes she could hate that handsome devil  for ruining her. She wishes she wanted him to drop dead, just like all her love ones want. She should loathe him for what he has done. But honestly, she can't bring herself to completely hate Nate Black and she fucking hates it.

"Please Miss Flores tell us how it all started," said a monotone voice. "Everything?" she asked with a shaky voice, "Everything" the stony face judge replied.