Dark Masquerade V1(Mature)

Start from the beginning

Her feet carried her onward, and the room opened up into a grande ballroom. Or maybe something else? She couldn't quite tell, because she had never been in a ballroom before. It was breathtaking, honestly. Glass balls full of some kind of light hung down from the ceiling. Strings of pretty fragile glass beads and small balls were strung up around everything. She wanted to touch them. They looked like webs and held dark glass spiders or bats. Tables were set up to the sides of the room. People... Or things sat at them talking amongst themselves or eating and drinking dark liquids from goblets. Everyone was dressed in beautiful clothing. Beautiful, expensive, and amazing dresses... Handsome, sharp tuxes or waistcoats. It was dizzying.

" Miss?"

She turned her head to the left to see someone asking for her attention. He had a small, delicate looking sapphire mask that matched her dress. It was simple and elegant. Small red rubies were placed on each side near its strings. " Oh..Thank you.." she said, picking it up softly.

The tall, slender man stood again. He towered over her at least a good few feet. His hair was a red and brown mix, and sat to one side of his head. His wings, dark and feathered, sat gracefully by his sides. " May I?" He asked with a soft smile directed only to her. He didn't seem like a man of many words, but he seemed to feel comfortable around her.

She gave him a nod. " Please. I'm not sure I could do it myself. "

He simply nodded and tied the mask securely to her face. It rested on her cheeks, and she smiled with a light flush.

" Thank you again. " He nodded and took her by the arm. It took her back and surprised her. Yet it felt familiar. Like she's done it before. It was comfortable.

" They are staring too much. You don't belong to them. " He said simply as if it explained everything. Which it didn't. Not at the moment. Together, they walked through the crowd. Couples danced, some getting way more than comfortable with each other as they did so. She watched everyone as they slowly made their way around.

She spotted the musicians playing the enticing music that she'd followed here. They were playing beautifully crafted instruments with precision. Perfectly in tune with each other. Perfect overall. What a high standard to meet. Again, it left her feeling rather unwanted.

The man tugged her away, sensing her discomfort. Her gave a soft sigh she barely caught before giving a little smile again. " Time to go. " He said quietly as he spun the puzzled girl for a moment to the trill of the music. When she gained her footing again, he was gone. She looked around. I'm trying to find him again. Trying to see something to comfort her confused mind again, but to no avail.

Until she saw them.

They stood there watching the crowd. As if waiting for something. Someone. One girl, and three men. Before she could stare something, sent chills up her spine. She turned to come face to face with a blonde haired, grey skinned, red eyed male. He wore a frown as he looked at her, towering over her small frame with his arms crossed. " Get out or go on. They are waiting.." He snapped sharply.

" Who?" She asked, unafraid of him. He was someone she took pity on. She felt a string pity and sense of forgiveness.

" Ugh... Stubborn as fucking ever. Go brat before I throw you up there myself. " He sighed irritable as a hornet.

She looked back over her shoulder at the same group as before, and the back to where he had been. But, he was gone as well. " Curious. But why me?" She shrugged, and turned around again. The girl studied each of them closely.

The girl had longish, beautiful, raven hair, small purple horns, and wore a dress similar to her own. It was black leading into burgundy. Lace over the chest just like hers, small amethysts on it just as hers had rubies. The dress didn't quite waterfall with lace and pleats. Instead it opened into a long slit that rode dangerously high on her thighs. Boots made to match in black faux leather. Her mask fit her face sitting on her cheeks the same as her own. Amethyst sat next to her strings as well. She could see a scar? Or mark perhaps on her cheek under the mask. Her hair was decorated with black roses and pretty lilies weaved into a braid around her head, twisted together by beautiful metal hairsticks. She was beautiful, and seemed very well respected.