Chapter 17

After breakfast Newt and I walk over to the box and wait for the new Greenie to arrive. When the alarm blares Newt steps forward next to Alby as second in command and I stand back with Minho.

"What do you reckon, will they be awake or unconscious?" I look at Minho with a bemused expression. Do they seriously make bets on the Greenie?

"Well, the trip wasn't that bad so I'm going awake."

"Ha! Speak for yourself, I'm going unconscious. Do we have a bet? If you win you get a day off running, if I win then we make the pretty much definite fact that I am better than you definite." I scoff at his remark but nod and hold out my hand for him to shake it.

"You're on." He takes my hand and we shake, each with matching smirks.  

About ten minutes later the box finishes its ascent and Newt and Alby prepare to help the Greenie. I find myself staring at Newt's butt, and I guess Minho did too because he nudges me with his elbow. 

"You are in deep already my friend!" he sniggers. I blush and shove him. Newt turns around and looks at us with a confused but amused expression. I smile back at him and look down, still red in the cheeks. The box opens and Newt tuens his attention back to it. There is a collective gasp and Minho smirks. "Knew it, unconcious" I glare at him until I see Newt's face.

"No, theres something else, what is it?" I yell as I push to the front just in time to see Newt jumps down into the box.

"What is it Newt?" asks Winston. He looks up at us with a confused expression.

"It's a girl." a tremor of whispers and mumbles travels throughout the Gladers.

"Hey Newt, what's that in her hand?" Gally points as we speak and he's right there's something in the girl's hand. Newt reaches down and takes out a piece of paper.

"What does it say?" asks Alby.

"She's the last one. Ever, What does that even mean?" everyone goes silent and a pensieve look is apparent on all faces. Suddenly the girl sits up.

"THOMAS!" she gasps before faling back into a coma. Every. Single. Head. turns to me and I just wish that the ground could open up and swallow me whole. There is complete silence and Alby take the opportunity to tell everyone else to leave.

"Thomas, you, Newt and I are going to have a discussion in the map room. Right now. I nod and swallow nervously before following over there. When I reach Newt he grabs my hand and give me a reassuring kiss on the cheek. I smile at him gratefully before looking back at a fuming Alby.

I'M SO SORRY FOR THE MASSIVELY  LONG UPDATE! AND THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR ALL THE VOTES AND COMMENTS I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

Comment what you think

-Cat