"Wait" The inspector stops the maid.

"Sir?" The maid answers, turning around fearfully.

"Wetin be your name again?" The inspector asks the maid.

"Victoria sir" The maid says, slightly curtesying.

"Ehen. So where you dry when your off died" The inspector asks again.

"Inspector she was the one that found dad's dead body" Temitope answers instead.

"If that's the case then she would have to follow us to the station for questioning" The inspector  concludes.

Victoria  begins to break in tears. "Ah oga I no fit go station abeg. My mama no get money and my papa don kolo. I go confess abeg"

"Ehen. Then confess, I dey hear" The inspector says.

"Na madam Isabella pikin kill oga" Victoria  says as the whole family gasp in shock, looking at David at the corner of the room.

Flashback

Victoria is watching Mr Ademoye and David playing in a room from a window as she smiles.

"Grandpa let's play shooting with my watergun" David suggest.

"Is that what you want to play?. Okay then" Mr Ademoye agrees as David rushes to take his gun on the bed in the room.

He points the gun at Mr Ademoye who begs playfully not to be shot by David.

David still points the gun at Mr Ademoye and later fires a shot at him.

Victoria  froze in shock at the scene before her, later running to David to remove the gun from his hand and placing it beside Mr Ademoye's dead body, letting out a scream afterwards.

Everyone still has shock moulded in their facial expression  at Victoria's narration.

David on the other hand looked at the inspector fearfully.

I knew he was smart enough to understand  the trouble he was in presently.

"The question now is who exchanged David's water gun with Jason's  gun" The inspector  broke the silence in the room with the question possibly on everyone's  mind right now.

The inspector stares at us individually  before finally saying; "I'll be back soon"

He walks to the entrance door with his police escorts and opens the door, causing ubani, the gateman to fall to the floor before the inspector.

He was obviously heavesdropping on the conversation  of earlier.

"Who are you?" The inspector asks the gateman.

The fireman quickly gets back on his feet.

"I dey go" The gateman says at a fast pace and tries to run back to the gate.

"Heeesss. Oga where you dey go?" The inspector asks the hate and who turns around fearfully as Victoria did earlier.

"Where you dey when your oga died?" The inspector asks the hate and once more.

"Oga walai,i no dey anywhere" The gateman replies foolishly.

"Ehen. So you disappeared  from earth when your oga died abi?. You wan act smart with me abi?. Boys take him to the station" The inspector  orders the policemen.

"Oga abeg no arrest me. I get pikin at home. I go confess. Na madam Iremide tell me to exchange small oga gun with oga Jason gun" The gateman says as everyone looks at my side, hoping I'll  deny it.

Oh. Fuck it.

"Yes I did" I confess, unapologetic for my actions. "I killed my father because last two Christmas, he confessed to me that he used my womb for ritual to get more members to his church. It was why I've  been scared to settle down with a man because I was scared of a fruitless marriage but dad kept on pressuring me to get married when he knew quite well the reason I didn't  want to. I decided to kill him so he'll feel how much pain he caused me to live in all these years just so his words desires could be fulfilled. I sure hope he's  rotting in hell as I speak right now"

"You took laws into your own hands Iremide" The inspector  says.

"And I'm  unapologetic about that" I add sincerely. "death is what suits him better"

With no further word exchange, the inspector  handcuffed me and took me with him and his police escort so that I'll  be detained to court shortly after I'm  locked up in jail.

On the way out of the house, I avoided Jason's stare cause I knew his stare was all it took to break my steel heart.

                        THE END.

Done?.please vote,comment and share on all chapters and check out my page '@eluojo' for my other works.