CHAPTER FIVE

Jason's pov

I still can't  get over the fact that Ire was ready to bring down the heavens just to prove to the inspector that i didn't  kill her father.

Maybe, just maybe my feelings for her wasn't  one-sided after all.

The snap of the inspector fingers who was standing behind his desk brought me back to reality and immediately  erased the smile on my face earlier.

"why are you smiling,uhn?" The inspector questions, walking around the desk to me who was seated at the other side of the desk.

"No I...."

"Oh I get it. You are one of those psychopath killers and right now you are smiling at your victory" he cuts me off, focusing a lamp light on me.

I use my palm to shield the intensity of the light from my eyes. "Can you feel me in on how many interrogation movies you've  watched? "

"keep quiet!" he hollies in the room. "I'm  the inspector here and I do the questioning while you answer to them"

"Okay, no p sir" I quickly say, waving my palm to calm him down.

"Better" he says, walking back to his former position behind the desk and pulling out the gun in the polythene bag from earlier from one of the drawers in the desk.

"Why was your gun found in the scene of the murder" he asks.

"I already said I was looking for it last night. I have no idea who took it from my room and placed it in the scene of the murder. Inspector this is a set up by one of the family members who is truly the murderer" I confess.

The inspector laughs. "Mr Jason,do you have any idea how long I've  been in this business? -15years. I don't  expect a toddler from the U. S to fool me in my own profession. If that's  what you plan of doing then think again.  You claimed to be the personal bodyguard of late Bishop Ademoye and then say you left your gun in your room when the murder occured"

"Well that's exactly what I was saying. Look inspector, I'm  a victim in this case. As a matter of fact, I suspect Micheal to be the murderer because the family was busy having dinner when a little argument caused Temitope to leave the dinning table with a few of the family members following along. It was shortly after Micheal left the table that Mr Ademoye left just few minutes after the gunshot was heard and he was discovered dead"

The inspector sighed heavily  before he relaxed into his chair.

He seemed to believe me. That was strangely easy because  the Nigerian  movies of cases like this I've  watched always ended with torture and violence on the suspect.

When I arrived back in the house with the inspector, there was a confused grin on Ire's face as well as the rest of the family members faces until Ire's facial expression  slowly broke  to a smile as she rushed to hug me tightly.

"Mr Michael, we would like for you to follow us to the station  for questioning" The inspector says few seconds after his escort of policemen walked into the scene.

"What! " it was Isabella's turn to scream. "My husband didn't kill my father"

"If that's the case ma'am, then we would return your husband back home after the questioning. You just have to trust us to do our job and do it well" The inspector reassures Isabella  as he and his men take Micheal along with them for questioning.