CHAPTER THREE

"What was that?" Jason says, hiding behind me.

"How am I supposed to know" I retort, still fixed in my position before the gunshot.

"Ehn... go and check na" he replies as I give him the stare that makes it seem I'm  accessing his mental stability.

He says away from my gaze shortly before he grabs my waist and hides behind my buttocks at the sound of Victoria, the maid's scream.

I brush him off and eye him furiously, reminding him he is the man between us.

It amazes me how someone so built could be afraid of the tiniest things.

More so, a bodyguard.

I hiss and walk to the source of the sound, passing by the decorated Christmas tree in a corner between the living room and the passage.

Jason trailed slowly behind me for minutes before we came across Victoria who was standing with David with her palm covering her mouth in fear.

I turned into the room she fearfully can't stop looking into and find dad's  body lying flat and lifeless in his pool of blood on the floor.

Just then,Isabella,micheal,Temitope and mum walks into the scene all buried in shock as my instinct kicked in that I let out a gasp of pain.

Jason pov.

I see Ire trying to hold in her emotions and my heart can't  help but to crack a little bit to see her in such state.

I walk close enough to her, where I could smell the rose-like fragrance of her perfume cloud around her.

I place my palm on her back and rub it gently as she cries into my suit.

I try to walk her out of the scene and I'm confused whether I should walk her out with her waist or her arm.  But I later go with her arm.

I couldn't trust myself enough not to slide my palm to her buttocks if I went with the waist.

I know how insensitive it is to be thinking of her sexually in this present type of situation but Ire is that kind of lady you can't say you saw and you didn't think about sex.

She had smooth and soft caramel black skin and a nice figure to compliment.

I'll  be dammed if I say I was not a little bit happy when I found out her dad's motive was to get me to marry her.

Well, R.I.P to him now.  To be honest, I never really cared about him. He was just my avenue to making life better for me.

Now he's  gone, he could still make life better for me, only that his daughter would be the one actualizing it.

I watch her,away from everyone, just us both as she wipes her tears off her face with her fingers and in the process catching my gaze at her.

"what?!" she attacks, letting her large eyebowls do most of the gesticulations.

Yes. She's  perfect.

She's the right girl and the reason why I came all the way from the U. S to Nigeria.

She's the one God made for me from onset. My other half I wouldn't admit just yet how pretty she is.

I laugh. "Nothing"