A fresh start

I've just come back from Breakfast at Tiffany's with my Best Friend Millie it's only 12pm but we did stop in some shops for a look around.

I come inside, put my coat and hat away because it's freezing here in New York in the winter and I them go through to find my Mother and Father in the Dining room with suit cases. I go in and ask what is going on and I then get told We are moving to California. I'm extremely confused and for some reason I just break down in tears I'm not sure why but I just did, I ran back to my room crying and then my Mother and Father come to see what's happening my Mother comforts me with hugs and my Father explains that he has to move because of his Job. " but what about my friends and my life here in New York?" I ask. "You can make new friends and start a fresh start in California" my Mother explains.

I'm homeschooled so that's not an issue but I've lived in New York my entire life and I love it here but I knew exactly what my Mother was thinking of when she said "fresh start". Last year my boyfriend Damien took my virginity it was my first time and it was in a hotel, some creep was filming us and the tape got leaked everywhere in New York there was not one person who didn't see it. It helped that I was homeschooled because I wouldn't have to experience the embarrassment of walking into school the next day but everywhere I went I got noticed and I lost a lot of friends last year because they were making fun of me and I knew I couldn't have friends like that but Millie helped me through it all and I really don't want to have to break her this news

"We are leaving on Monday morning 6:00 am" my Father says and then both my parents give me a hug and kiss and walk out the room to start packing. I know I need to start packing but the only thing on my mind is breaking the news to Millie and Damien so I go call Millie straight away and asks if she wants to go for drinks tonight so I can break her then news and call Damien to ask for lunch today to break him then news they both say yes but until I meet them I need to start packing because I have today and tomorrow to get all my belongings packed away .