twenty-two

Today I was finally leaving the hospital and going back home, so we were getting everything together

I started to dress Naylani in her going home outfit, but she was being difficult.

"She don't like you, move." Nahmir came over.

"Move I know what I'm doing, just have to make sure everything in the car." I laughed.

"Females give birth and automatically think they running shit." He mumbled grabbing the hospital bag.

"Females what?" I put her in the car seat.

"Nothing." He laughed.

"Like i thought." I said.

❏❏❏

We were now laying down in bed and Naylani was laying on Nahmir's chest.

"She dozing off, she so quiet." I said softly as she held tight on my finger.

"Good, she not loud like you."

"I'm not even loud, that's you." I said.

"Especially when you playing the game." I continued.

"Nah that's different it's a reason for that, you be loud for no reason." He laughed and Naylani made a noise and turned her head.

"See she said you need to shut up." I rubbed her back and my phone rang.

"Who is it?" He mumbled.

"My sperm donor." I answered and put it in on speaker.

"Hello." He said.

"Hey." I said.

"Where you at we at the funeral home." He said.

"I thought I told Ariah to tell y'all I'm not coming today." I said.

"Why not?" He asked.

"I mean I did just give birth a day ago I need to be with my baby." I said.

"Fuck he mean why not." Nahmir mumbled.

"You could've just brought her along- what I look like bringing my newborn baby to a funeral home you not even making sense." I cut him off.

"Ok I understand but you need to come by. We have to bury your mother soon." He said.

"I already told y'all where the funeral gone be held, and I got somebody already making the obituaries plus I'm getting her clothes so don't act like I'm not doing nothing." I said.

"Chantelle." He said.

"Charles." I matched his tone.

"You hell." Nahmir laughed.

"Tell that baby daddy of yours that it don't concern him." He said.

"My name Nahmir." Nahmir said.

"He wasn't even talking to you, don't try to argue with him." I told my father.

"I bet he the reason you don't talk to us no more." He said.

"He wildn" Nahmir laughed and i looked at him giving him a look to stop talking.

"No, I stopped talking to y'all because y'all disrespectful and act like I'm a disgrace or something." I said leaving out the room cause I knew my father was finna say something and Nahmir can't control his mouth.

"You wouldn't even invite us to your gender reveal or baby shower." He said.

"No I invited Nana, momma, and Ariah." I said.

"Yea you invited them and not the rest of your siblings and me." He said.

"I know who I invited and didn't invite after everything that happened you continued to judged me what do I look like inviting you." I said.

"I'm just saying every since you got pregnant by that dude you been acting different towards us. If he been getting in your head about us-

"What are you talking about I haven't even been acting different, what you trying to say." I said getting mad.

"I don't want him coming to your mother's funeral." He said and I laughed.

"You not for real, you can go ahead get that thought out of your head cause y'all haven't even met him yet." I said.

"I meant what I said Chantelle."

"And I meant what I said. Not only is he coming with me but he's sitting in the front with me and you can't tell me otherwise." I hung up.

The fuck he thought this was

Unlike them my mother loved Nahmir when she met him. She knew that he made me happy and she loved that for me and so did my other family members.

"Why you looking like that?" He asked as Naylani was still sleep on his chest.

"Because he talking about how every since I been with you I been acting different and he said he don't want you at her funeral." I laid down.

"So, fuck him I'm grown as hell I can come if I want to I'll be damned if I'm not there and they tryna gang up on you." He said.
____________________________________

Finna Be A Lot Of Drama At This Funeral I Can't Wait🦦