Chapter 1

It was a very sunny day here in California. I didn't know if I would like it here, but it was a much needed change. Every day back at home got so repetitive, same ol' same ol', and my mother couldn't stand it. She said change would be good for us...and I believed her. I was hopeful about this big change. Maybe I could even make new friends. We came to reseda too be by my cousin, he lived in the complex too.

"Alright, we're here." My mom turned the wheel into an apartment complex in reseda after 10 hours in a car. I yawned as I looked at the chipping paint on every apartment building. The apartments looked Farley small, but at least it was a fresh start.

I was sitting in the front seat and Daniel was in the back

I was sitting in the front seat and Daniel was in the back. I turned and looked at him. He was sitting behind me, and his head was leaning on his hand and he was still asleep. "Wake up, Daniel. We are here." I said as I nudged his leg a little.

My mom parked and Daniel woke up. We looked at the apartments and Daniel was the first to get out. I then got out and stretched. My legs kept cramping in that small car, so it felt good to move around.

"Ah, some fresh air." My mom said as she smiled and opened up the trunk. I walked back to the trunk and grabbed 2 bags, and so did Daniel. "It's room 214. Go and put them in the room, I'll be there soon with the other bags." My mom said. I got a better grip on the two bags as they were quit heavy. "I'll Race you there!" I said as I started running towards the gate to get into the complex. Daniel chased after me as we both laughed.

I stopped at the gate quickly and Daniel did too. "Wait, I watched this on TV, it's some sort of karate move." I said as I jumped and kicked the gate open.
Someone came around the corner and jumped when the gate slammed against the wall. "Oh my god I'm so sorry." I said as I got a clear view of the guy. Daniel walked past me and hit my shoulder. "Hi Nate!" I hugged him, trying to still hold onto the bags. I didn't realize how tall my cousin got.

"Hi Jordyn." He hugged me back. I giggled and looked at the big spot of paint that had chipped off when the gate hit the wall. Daniel was never too fond of my cousin, they always fought when they were with each other. I saw my brother open up the apartment door, so I started walking with Nate to the door.