Chapter 11 - Thoughts of doubt

Movie after movie, more boring than the last, the Tv had switched off thanks to Friday and everyone was curled up in a blankets, engulfed in pillows.

Loki took great joy in moments like these. He only ever wished for your safety and comfort. However, not always so certain he always gave it... or certain ever, really. Trust in doubt was what happened.

Trusting your doubt over what's in front of you. Internal feelings were good to rely on, gut feelings for the oncoming bad... but insecurities was what he was built on. Broken pieces like a cubism mural etched away with graffiti.

So broken and lost with time.

You... you were always there for him, to guide him, comfort him, validate every single thing he thought of himself as wrong.

Little bits you may have forgotten but none he would ever let slip away.

And it was the same for you. Loki was there every step of the way.

When you broke down, felt lost, hopeless, worthless... he was there, for you and only you. He didn't care if the warriors, Sif and his brother asked him to join for a hunt. He didn't care if Frigga or Odin had called on him to spend his days training or studying.

He found a way to slip away from his duties, find you, comfort you, arms wrapped tightly around you to show he was never going to leave you alone.

You loved it when he did that, clung onto you. Safety and warmth in his arms was all it ever was... all you ever needed.

Unable to pin point an exact date when it started; these feelings towards him. It just seemed like with every passing moment of the day he grew more witty, charming and handsome, caring, loving and mischievous. Stealing every last piece of your heart and tugging at it's strings without even knowing it.

And what you did to him... what you did... you were his muse, still are, always will be. You are the flame, the ticking time bomb that keeps him on his toes in all the right ways.

To him you were never too much, too loud, too quiet, too weird, too teasing. In fact he couldn't get enough of you.

When he fell from the bridge... into the strangling grasp of that titan, what kept him going was the thought of you.

Just you.

That's why you were his dove. His hope. His peace.

But it pained him to say he only ever called you dove... never his dove. Because that's what you weren't.

You weren't his.

And at this rate, at this point in the friendship, what pained him was the fear of losing you if he messed this up.

He didn't want to lose you. He wanted more but he wasn't willing to risk it all for the slim chance you'd return a spec of what he felt for you.

"Loki..." your soft mumble snapped him from thought which his sudden rapid heartbeat did to you. "What's wrong?"

Considering the rest were fast asleep it was only polite to whisper. "Wrong? Nothing, dove,"

"Tell that to your heart racing faster than Pietro... what's on your mind?"

There it was again. The way you were able to break him. He had never been able to keep anything but his feelings away from you. "I'm just reminded of when you used to come running to my room scared when Thor had a thunder tantrum,"

"I wasn't scared..." his amused gaze made you sigh. "Ok, maybe a little,"

"I didn't mind, it was enjoyable when you cuddled with me, just like this," with all he could, he pulled you closer than you were, his head resting above yours.

"Well, I'm glad you enjoy me cuddling you because at this rate I don't think I'd let you out my arms... You're just so warm," His face burned up as you buried your head in the crook of his neck. "Goodnight, Loki,"

"Goodnight..." he contemplated his next words. "Sleep well, my dove," the single kiss to your forehead, and heart felt words slipped out too late as by the time he looked down to see your reaction... you were asleep.

~~~

"Look at them!" Wanda whisper shouts to Thor as he got up along with the rest.

"Oh, that's a normal sight," Thor yawned quietly.

"Normal? How are they not together?"

"A painful process, fear of loss, spiderling," Peter earned a ruffle to his hair.

"He thinks he's too far into the friendzone,"

"And she thinks he sees her as a sister,"

"Sad... welp!" Pietro ran out the room and came back with cymbals. Crashing them together, you and Loki spewed out bolts of magic turning the speedster into a snail then a sloth. "Worth... it..." Pietro mumbles out... or rather, the sloth mumbled out.

"What in Hel??" Loki sat up as you pulled the blanket over your head.

"Nice bed head, Reindeer games," Tony snickers at the messy hair.

"Hold you tongue before I cut it off, Stark," Loki twists back under the blankets as you wrapped an arm around his torso, his back against your chest.

~~~

Loki as little spoon makes me soft T-T

- Anna ❤️