Chapter 6 - Apologies

You ran to the chaos, disguised as a middle aged man. By the fire hydrant spewing water, a boy leant against the wall. He didn't look like Loki from the attire but you couldn't mistake those features you grew up beside.

"Damn," you slipped away, changing to match the style he had taken on, switching your h/c hair with o/h/c, eyes now o/e/c and not e/c.

"Can we get some help here?!" A fireman calls as Loki snickered from the sidelines.

"Sometimes the simplest law breaking brings joy," You quip from beside Loki who met your gaze with surprise. "Love your outfit, kinda looks like mine," you point to your outfit and matching necklace.

"Indeed it does," Loki stood upright without support and held out his hand to shake. "Lucian,"

"Elfie," a firm grip and he looked at you tilted.

"Is that really your name?"

"Is that really yours?"

"It is,"

"Then it is," his smile broadened. Another fire hydrant blew out water causing more people to scream in fear as the hydrant lands right on an oak tree. "Congrats to whoever managed to do this,"

"Would it amuse you if I said I did it?" Loki's smirk falls when you shake your head.

"No, because..." You grab his arm. "You're very predictable, Loki,"

"How do you-" A flurry of wind and you both ended back in the tower lounge. "Who are you?" he snatches away his arm.

"Apologies," You tap your hair which changes back to it's h/c colour, hands cover your eyes before revealing e/c orbs and your voice was back to normal. "Is this better?"

"Y/n?"

"Yippy! He does have a brain!" but your attitude switched. "What were you thinking?! Could you not cause chaos for one second??"

"Try being imprisoned here, see how you like it!" he hisses back in defense.

"I apologies, my prince, was the free food, clothes and chambers not enough?!" you ask with a mocking curtsy.

"Do not talk to me mockingly, I may be your friend but as a prince I will not be disrespected," His growl simmers out as you scoff.

"Who said we were still friends?" His mouth closed from speaking another word. "Our friendship ended when you became a criminal across the realms, and especially when you didn't specify when we'd meet again! Because guess what, dipshit? I thought the next time we'd meet was in Valhalla!"

A heel turn later, you left him shell shocked.

"Did she seriously play out not specifying something as worse than being a war criminal?" Clint whispers to Bruce who shrugs.

"I'm right here," Loki snaps to the group who all stood by the couches watching. His sigh was left lingering in the air before he stormed down the hall.

~~~

Two knocks and soon a slip of paper slid under the door; or rather, a letter.

Slipping out of the bed your burrowed yourself in, the letter was ripped open, inside was a pressed flower and letter.

Dearest Y/n,

I'm sorry. That's the first thing that needs to be said. I'm so very sorry for my actions, not only today but in the past. Had I known your pain I would have torn each realm apart to soothe it. My death, my actions in the year 2012 regarding New York, the imprisonment I resumed on Midgard, it is all much better explained face to face. I understand if you wish to never speak to me again, for that I cannot blame you. But, Y/n L/n, you truly are a dear friend of mine, and I would wish for nothing more than to mend the ends we left in shreds.

Yours truly,
Loki Friggason

P.s. If you wish to never talk to me again knock twice on the door because right now I am waiting in hopes you'll just open the door.

Staining the page with fallen tears, you dropped the letter and opened the door to see Loki looking very surprised. Too surprised in fact. "Did you really think I'd stop talking to you for being an idiot?"

"In all honesty, yes-" a breath of air leaves him as you tackle him against the opposite wall with a hug. "So I'm guessing you're not going to knock on the door twice?"

"Oh, shut up," the intoxicating smell you knew so well filled your nose as a sigh escapes you. "I missed you,"

"I missed you too, dove," a gentle kiss to the crown and tilt up of your head, his glossy eyes asked for forgiveness.

"You are only forgiven when you explain what the hell has been happening," he was dragged into your room, seated on the bed and given a cup of tea as you often did when he was going to tell you something important back on Asgard.

"Still in the habit?"

"Terribly sorry, I find tea comforting,"

His eyes brightened at the smell of Svartalfheim black tea. "How did you obtain this?"

"A secret I'll never tell, Lokes," you wink at him before getting comfy. "Now, explain yourself, young man,"

~~~

You couldn't believe your ears. Horrendous, disgusting, appalling, call it what you will but it pained you to see the fear and sorrow on Loki's face.

He was an excellent thespian but you knew how to distinguish his acting from his true emotions.

And this was true. Utter. Pain.

Yet not once did he let a tear shed, you hated when he did this; hold back what he saw as weakness.

"And... That's it, I promise," he finally looked up from his twiddling thumbs to look at you. "Oh, dove," he saw puffy eyes, but now wasn't the time for him to comfort, the exact opposite in fact.

"I'm sorry, no one deserves to go through that," you let his head fall into the crook of your neck. "No ones, especially not you, Loki,"

"Do not feel sorry for me, what's done is done, no changing it now,"

"But your lack of comforting through this is what I'm sorry for, you should have told me instantly, I wouldn't have been so petty, instead comforting you as you deserve," combing your hand through his soft hair, you felt the tears fall. "That's it, cry it all out, I'm here,"

Loki's grasp became tighter as his buried face became heated and puffy from what he had been in lack of for so long.

~~~

Sad chapters

Sad chapters

- Anna ❤️