Chapter 29 - To hell with self worth

Start from the beginning

But I couldn't. I couldn't do that to Daphne and on top of that, I had some self worth. I was Eleanor bloody Selwyn. I was not going to turn into this pathetic little girl because of some bloke, let alone a bloke as terrible as Draco Malfoy. What was I doing? This was not me.

Self worth, I repeated in my brain. It helped.

It was the fact that he came back. He made me want him and planned to leave me when he had reached his goal, but he couldn't. He came back. He came back because he wanted to kiss me just as badly as I wanted him.

And for some reason, because of that, I couldn't take his insults seriously.

Daphne. Self worth.

I had to get some work done. I hadn't done anything all weekend because of the white-haired git and I was fed up with it. He had way too much of an effect on me. The O.W.L's were in two months and I was going to absolutely ace them.

Madam Pince usually closed the library around nine, which meant that I only had a little over an hour to finish my Potions essay and do my reading for Herbology. I took a seat in the far back and forced myself to empty my mind. School came first.

DRACO'S POV

I had to go to the library for a bit. I could not be around Eleanor tonight. This was so stupid. Why had I gone back to her room last night? She wanted me badly, I had her exactly where I wanted her, and then I couldn't do it. I couldn't stop thinking about it and every inch of my body pulled me back as soon as I left that room.

And then she sent me out. She told me to leave.

It was better this way. Eleanor and I, don't make me laugh. We can't stand to be in the same room for longer than five seconds. Why had everything become so much more difficult?

ELEANOR'S POV

"Ms Selwyn, I'm closing up. It's time to go", Madam Pince said, shaking me from my Potions bubble.

"Right, just one more line", I said and quickly ended the essay. I had gotten so much done in one and a half hours. How productive life could be without blonde distractions.

"Mr Malfoy, same for you, time to go", I heard. Draco was here too?

I packed my bag and made my way to the exit. I could see him in my peripheral, but I forced myself not to look. He was just a distraction.

The halls were completely empty, which wasn't very unusual on Sunday, shortly before curfew.

I heard his footsteps, just a couple yards behind me. They were rhythmic and annoyed me endlessly. I felt his stare on the back of my head, which also annoyed me. Everything about him annoyed me. The way he walked, talked, smelled and especially the way he made me feel.

I turned around to yell at him. To just do something to break the rhythmic sound of his steps. To shout some nonsense about what I hated the most about him.

But no words came out, my jaws refused to unlock, so I just stood there like an idiot until he stopped in front of me, his eyebrows knitted above his stormy grey eyes.

And I couldn't resist. To hell with self worth.

I grabbed his sweater and pulled him closer, pushing the doubts away and pressing my lips on his. I couldn't stop a little sigh in relief as he didn't pull back. His hands found my waist and pulled me against him, deepening the kiss. He wanted me too.

We were in the middle of a bloody hallway and I didn't want anyone to find out about this weakness that I couldn't shake, so I pushed open the empty charms classroom and pulled him in.