Biggest Mistake (3)

___________________________________________________

My footsteps were creating a small click as my heels hit the hard floor of the school hallway. My first day of my new school, and it's possibly going to be one of the worst days in my life. It's halfway through the semester, and I'm the sister of one of the most popular boys in school. My parents expect me to fit in, no problem. I've never been particularly close to them, but that was a phase that shocked me right to the core.

    I would know some of these people, and I hurt every single one of them in some shape or form. I just have to go ahead and hold my head high and not look back on the mistakes I've caused. I've always said that mistakes make you who you are in the present and can shape you into something marvelous, but that didn't seem to be the road I was heading for. Mine seems darker; it contains pain and hate of people, those people that once loved me. I just keep my eyes on the future and maybe, just maybe, it will all turn out for the best.

    As I walk through the hall, I could hear whispers while my eyes tried to locate my locker. My eyes flicker across each of the metal, green lockers before I find the number 113. I walk towards it and my fingers trace over the number, repeating over the last two digits. Rather comical that I have a thirteen on my locker that's already demonstrating the bad luck that's sure to come to me. I bang on the door, making the locker fly open.

    I throw a couple of empty pads of paper into it before pulling out a mirror from bag. I stick the mirror up before looking at my reflection and pulling out red lipstick. Once I've put the lipstick across my lips with the bright red color, my fingers brush through my hair as I attempt to get the knots out. My hair hangs loosely around my shoulders and no matter how long I brush it for, the knots will start appearing within the hour. My hair's uncontrollable, and me having it down is normal for school because that's pretty much what everyone else does. I'd rather throw it up in a messy bun and leave in its messy state, but a girl should care about her appearance, therefore it was hanging down and around my shoulders.

    I pull a hairbrush out of my bag and put it in the locker before I go into darkness. The darkness didn't last long just as I feel someone's hands on my waist. I could feel their breath against my neck and in no more than a whisper he says, "You should have come in that towel." Jace's voice sent a shiver down my spine and I turn around to look at him. He stood and presses himself against me. Out the corner of my eye I see what I gather was some of Jace's friends, and they were smirking at us.

    "And you should stop acting like a jackass. Now, unless you can show me where my homeroom is, then I'd rather you leave me alone. We both know you don't have a chance with me," I say shutting my locker door with a bang. My eyes flicker back over the three boys watching me, only to see Craig approach them and mutter something. I walk over to Craig who's a little surprised and I see the other three guys staring at me.

    "It's Craig, right?" I say. I look at him, remembering him from the other day. I like him; he had this charming quality to him, which Jace didn't seem to hold. I pretend not to notice the three boys, but that would be a lie. I see each of their six eyes running over my body taking in every part of me. I feel a little uncomfortable standing here in the hall, whispers already wandering around me. New girl walks away from what she gathers is the hottest guy in the school, to go to talk to Craig, the pizza delivery guy who seems to always be strapped for cash.

    "Yes, you walked away from Jace. I don't think I've ever seen a girl do that before," He says looking over my shoulder and staring at Jace. I turn around slightly and Jace is glaring at me, so I send him a smile.

    "I dated his brother last year. That would not be a good idea. Anyway do you think you could help me because I'm a little confused with this school." he nods his head and we walk down the hall. I look over my shoulder to see Jace glaring at me, which causes a smirk to form on my face.