two

The car ride to Disney was about two hours, which meant two hours of Lindsay and Maven babbling on about things I wished not to hear.

We pulled up to Maven's house and I spotted them waiting eagerly with on their front porch.

"You better make sure they don't push me over the edge," I warned, looking at my sister in the back seat. "That kid talks way too much," was all I managed to get out before Maven hopped in next to my sister.

"Hey guys! I'm stoked," Maven said as soon as they got into the car. I took a deep breath as I waited for them to buckle their seatbelt before driving off.

I took one last glance at my sister through my mirror and she, by the looks of it, seemed really happy. I didn't say anything to them as they talked the whole two hours there.

It was lunch time by the time we got to the park, so I allowed Lin and Maven to roam around on their own so they could enjoy being star struck and I could enjoy a burger and some fries.

"Please check in every thirty minutes," I instructed them. "And stay together."

They both nodded. "Ok, bye!" Lindsay said as she and Maven ran off to their meet and greet.

I soon began to wish that I had thought to invite one of my own friends. I mean, I was at freaking Disney World and there were roller coasters all around me. A normal person would be excited, but I was never one to enjoy crowds. I began to look for a place to eat, and my nose led me to a restaurant.

After ordering a burger and some fries, I found a table and sat down to eat. Time went by fast as I was scrolling on my phone. I could hear Lindsay and Maven from a great distance away. They came and joined me at the table. The two thieves started taking my fries.

"How was it?" I asked them. "Did you meet him?" They both nodded excitedly and told me everything they said to him.

"We even got to hug him!" Lindsay boasted.

"What does he look like in real life?" I questioned curiously. They both shrugged and explained how he told his supporters that he wanted to do some face reveal on a livestream for everyone to see. Something about not all of his supporters living in Florida or whatever.

"We're gonna ride some rides now, I'll check in every thirty." The pair ran off towards the roller coasters and I continued scrolling on my phone.

It hadn't been for about another twenty minutes when I was interrupted again. Though it wasn't by my sister and her friend this time.

A tall dude in a black sweatshirt and dark shades quickly took the seat across from me.

"Play cool," was all he said. Confused, I glanced around me and nothing seemed off. There was just some stranger sitting at my table.

"What are you-" I started, but the strange guy quickly shook his head no. He took off his sunglasses and made eye contact with me. He subtlety motioned with his head towards a group of kids who didn't seem much younger that I was.

It took me a second to realize that they seemed familiar. Something about them reminded me of something my sister had showed me.

It was their shirts. They were all wearing matching T-shirts with a "TM" type of logo. Oh. Oh.

Everything clicked and when they rushed towards my table, I played along.

Confirming my suspicions, they all asked the guy, "are you Toby Marlowe?"

He again looked at me pleadingly and I took charge. Clearing my throat, I answered. "You mean the dude with the mask who plays video games?"

The group of kids, probably around seven or eight, all nodded. "Yeah, I thought I saw him leave the park about ten minutes ago. He had the mask on and everything," I lied. Their parents were all behind them, visibly annoyed.

The kids exchanged looks between one another and then took looked at the guy and I. "Thanks, sorry to bother you guys," one said. Not exactly apologetically, as they squandered off, giggling.

A bunch of sorries came from the parents before they followed their children.

When he was safe to, the guy sighed in relief as he removed his sunglasses and his hood, revealing his fluffy, blond hair. 

"You have no idea how much I appreciate that. Thank you." I nodded.

"So you're really him, then?" I half interrogated, half wondered.