BOLLYWOOD Vs SOUTH INDIA(PART-4)

I am not originally going to write about this topic but yeah.
Why not???

~~~~~
We all know how the South Indian industry is overlooked by Bollywood(Indian popular film industry based on Mumbai) celebrities. Like there are many circumstances where they indirectly mock us.

So, this chapter is how South Indian celebrities act when they faced critics of Bollywood.

So, first, we are going to talk about A.R.Rahman. He was born in Chennai in Tamilnadu. He is currently 54 years aged. He won many awards including the Grammy Awards and the Oscars.
He is one of the most lovable artists in India.

He has fifteen Filmfare Awards and sixteen Filmfare Awards of South and so on and on.

So you guys might know about Bollywood, right?

My impression of Bollywood isn't that great.

Let's talk about the first instance.

The IFFA is an award show ( International Indian Film Academy Awards) for the Indian actors and all other workers in the cinema field.

India doesn't have a national language and we have 20+ official languages.

So, the most common sense to the people who organized the award show is to talk and host the function in English because if they speak in Hindi all other Non-Hindi speakers have trouble understanding them.

But you know what??

They conducted the full program in Hindi. I don't mind if it's a function for Bollywood but when it's for the whole of India, it irritates me. As a South Indian, I felt very offended.

So, this is when A.R.Rahman takes a step.

When he was called to announce the winner's name, he said it in Tamil.
He did it.👇

North Indians ( I don't like to generalize people but from the experience that I had with them online, maybe some of them)be like, it doesn't matter that much but it matters to us. Because some of the people will be like you are in India, so speak Hindi.

I'll be like, "DUH"...

So, there is another instance. Wanna hear that one??

Some people have the mindset that if you are an Indian actor you have to speak Hindi.

Taapsee Panu is an Indian actress who has done several movies in both North and South India.

So, when she was talking with a group of reporters in English, a reporter asked her, " why don't you speak in Hindi? Because you are a Bollywood actress, right?".

She replied that she is a South Indian actress too and she asked is it okay if I speak in Tamil and Telugu?

So, let me tell you another one of those stereotyping instances.

Rana Daggubati is a famous Telugu actor who is known for his famous role as 'Bhallaladeva' in a Telugu film named 'Bahubhali' and another one of his famous movies is "Ghazi". He works in Telugu films in addition to Tamil and Hindi films.

So he was interviewed by a youtube channel named 'Scoopwhoop' after both seasons of Bahubali came out.

The person who interviewed Rana said the first 'South Indian movie' her parents took her was a Tamil movie named, " Roja"(which is a great movie, by the way) and then her father forced her to watch Bahubali and age said she was stunned because it is a south Indian movie and it is good.

Rana brushed it aside the first time. Then, she asked him what is the difference between working in North and South Indian movies.

He told her that he is just amazed at how dumb Indians can get when it is about the perception of other states.

You can watch the whole interview of 40 minutes in Scoopwhoop (which I totally did).

There are many instances where South Indians are treated unfairly.

And you know what???

I don't know why some people look down on South Indian Industries. We got talented actors and we got awesome storylines.

So, be proud...

We don't have too much nudity in our movies. That doesn't mean we are not open-minded.

Let's be proud of being a South Indian.

~~

That's all for today..

Hope you guys enjoyed it.

I don't if I'll able to upload continuously because of the school work but I'll try to upload.

Don't forget to vote and share this book with fellow South Indians...
- Sion