Ch 25: For the Weekend (Peter)

I let out a content sigh, snuggling deeper against Ace's side. "Mm hey babe," I murmured. "What's up?" he asked, kissing me on the forehead. "Um, I'm going home for the weekend, did you maybe...maybe want to come with me? You could like meet my family and stuff and I could show you around town and take you on a date or something! I have a car here, I could drive you there and back. I-I mean only if you want to," I added hastily. He smiled, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear, giving me a squeeze. "I'd love that. I'd love to meet your parents!" he said, and I winced. "Oh, no, you...you won't meet my parents." 

His face went red, eyes wide. "Oh shit I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to--" "No no it's okay!" I said, giving him a smile. "No, don't worry about it. I hadn't told you, I can't expect you to know. I live with my grandparents, they're really nice and I'm sure they'll love you. They know about you, I-I've told them we're dating. That's um...that's okay right?" I asked nervously. Ace nodded, kissing me on the nose. "It's perfect," he murmured. The butterflies in my stomach soothed a bit and I kissed him on the cheek. "Good. Oh but you're...you're allergic to cats, aren't you?" I asked, feeling my heart sink as he nodded.

"Mhm. I mean not like I'll die if I'm around them or anything! But I just sneeze a lot and my eyes get itchy and stuff. Like a runny nose and all that." "Damn. Um...can you like take allergy medication for it? Cause like I have a cat and it stays at the house inside and so I dunno, I guess that probably wouldn't be too great for you," I said, crossing my fingers and hoping he wouldn't have to bail. "I can try it! Worst case scenario I'll just have to sneeze every five seconds for two days. It'll be fine!" Grinning, I gave him a squeeze, sliding on top of him and running my hands through his hair, pushing it back from his face. "You're just the absolute sweetest, did you know that?" I purred. "No you are," he teased. He ran a hand up my back, massaging my shoulders, and I melted, wrapping myself around him and kissing him.

We went at it for while before he pulled away, tapping me on the nose with a faint smile before sobering up. "Hey babe, have you met my roommate's friend?" he asked. "Well I'm gonna assume Paul has more than one friend. Which one?" "His name's Gene Si--" "Gene! Yeah, I know Gene! Yeah, we met this summer actually, we worked at a summer camp. Why?" Ace let out a sigh, running a thumb along my cheek. "Well, Paul's got a huge crush on him and I guess he must've told him because they like slept together but now Gene won't admit it happened. Like not like he's saying he doesn't like Paul, like that's one thing, like he's saying they never did anything together. So I dunno, you've known him before, does that...seem like something he'd do?" he asked.

I frowned, lying on his chest. "Well. I dunno. He slept with a lot of the other counselors during training week, like the girl counselors. Only the girls. Although..." I trailed off, frown deepening. "Although what?" he asked. "Um, long story short I may or may not have also had a crush on him and so I kissed him at one point, and then later he gave me a kiss back, he said that was payback for startling him when I kissed him, but I dunno, it didn't feel like it was. So who knows what's up with him. Just have Paul talk to him is my advice." "That's what he's doing now, I was just wondering if you knew anything. Anyway, so what's the plan for this weekend then?" he asked, turning my face back to his and smoothing his thumb across my cheek.

Smiling, I nestled against him, kissing him gently. "I'm leaving Friday afternoon, coming back Sunday afternoon. That work for you?" He nodded, rolling over so he was on top of me and kissed me, wrapping his arms around my shoulders. "Works perfectly. I'm very, very excited to have the weekend with you," he murmured. I grinned, kissing him back. "Me too! But in the meantime, how about we just enjoy right now?" "Mm I'm very happy to spend right now with you," he said, running a hand through my hair, brushing the loose strands out of my eyes. 

We laid on his bed for awhile before he sat up a bit, propping himself up on his elbows. "So you said you have a car here?" he asked, and I nodded. "Yep! It's my pride and joy, it's totally my baby and I didn't want to leave it home." He grinned, rolling his eyes. "Oh, you would be one of those people." "Excuse me?! What the hell is that supposed to mean, hm?" I asked, and he laughed. "I mean like a car guy! I'm just teasing though, you know that. What type of car is it?" "Oh okay well it's kind of been like customized, like I've done a lot of work on it, but it's a 1935 Chevy body on a 1955 frame," I said eagerly. 

Ace nodded slowly, biting back a smile. "I see. Well, not really, because I don't know anything about cars. What color is it? I know about colors," he said with a smile. I rolled my eyes, kissing him on the nose. "It's like a red orange color. I can take you to the parking garage and show you what it looks like!" I said, but he shook his head, letting out a yawn and resting his head on my chest. "Not now. Later, for sure! But now I just wanna lie here on top of you and hold you in my arms," he murmured.

Heart melting, I nodded, closing my eyes and playing with his hair absentmindedly. "Sounds like a plan."