Chapter 2.2

"She is indeed a generous one, however can you explain why exactly were you'll adamant at refusing to treat that old lady's grandchild especially when my dad's company is funding your hospital for that very purpose, which is to provide medical care to those who are economically weak?" Lakshya questioned the hospital staff at the billing office

"I'm sorry Sir, but we're just following the management's instructions" the staff member revealed

"In that case, l'd like to have a word with them over this, also issue a refund to the volunteer who paid on behalf of the old woman" Lakshya told them before leaving the office. As he walked through the hallway he caught a glimpse of Mahima who was helping tend a patient in their ward. Lakshya couldn't help but notice the sincerity and compassion that exuded from her and was pleased to know that selfless people like her existed to make this world a bearable place to live in, he wanted to meet her personally and appreciate her for what she had done but refrained himself not wanting to interrupt the young woman currently devoting herself to nurturing the sick, hence he just leaves and walks out of the hospital and back into the car where his father waited for him, "What took you so long?" Anvay asked Lakshya appearing concerned over the delay for retrieving his smartphone.

"Nothing much dad, just got caught in the middle of a commotion regarding the hospital's apathetic approach to some of its patients" Lakshya narrated to his father the entire incident that took place right before him and how the matter was resolved.

"In that case we'd need to address this issue, but at the same time I'm very grateful to that volunteer, it's good that you asked the hospital to refund the bill she paid" Anvay replied in agreement following which he then started the car and drove back home.

...........................................................................................................................................................

Srishti who had just woken up headed straight to the bathroom to shower and brush her teeth, once she was done she stepped out back into her room, blow dried her hair and changed into her usual denim pants and casual hooded sweatshirt before heading downstairs to join her parents and siblings for breakfast. At the dining table Srishti was preoccupied with the events that took place the previous night and thought of calling Abhay to check on him.

Srishti's father noticed the worried look on her face prompting him to ask "What's wrong Srishti? You seem bothered, all good?"

"Actually, Lakshya was driven to the hospital last night" answered Srishti who was evidently disturbed and worried.

"What happened exactly?" her father asked

"We're not sure, we just found him lying unconscious in the men's restroom, when he didn't get up we immediately rushed him to the hospital, however the doctors couldn't find anything wrong with him" Srishti answered

"I see, why don't you visit him today instead of going to college" her mother suggested

"Yeah you should sis, that way you'll get to spend more time with him" teased her younger sister Shreya

"Shut up Shreya!" Srishti retorted, "Mom, I don't know..... I'm not sure if that would be okay" Srishti told her mother expressing her hesitation

"Don't worry much about that, just go and pay him a visit, I'll inform Anvay about the same" her father assured.

Once Srishti was done with her breakfast she rose up to leave but then realised that she left her car at the pub last night, she quickly headed upstairs to her room and picked up her clutch which laid on the dresser, as she opened it she found the key missing.

"Shoot! If leaving the car behind wasn't bad, this is even worse" Srishti thought to herself

She then heads down again seeming quite hesitant about whether to tell her parents or not about the missing key.