Chapter 54-Revealed

Freya's POV
Lunch had gone fine with the exception of the awkwardness following Elora's question and Leona having to explain that her sister is dead. But overall it went good which I was grateful for. She seemed to get along with my family well.

At the moment, we were watching some sort of baking show. How we ended up watching TV and let alone a baking show, I had no recollection of. However, I faintly remember it being Micaela's suggestion.

"That is one impressive cake," Leona noted.

"It's humungous as well," I added.

"I like the colors of it," Micaela said.

Pink, purple, and blue I noticed. They were pretty colors. It reminded me of the bisexual pride flag. I smiled and nodded, agreeing with Micaela. It fit for the cake as well and I liked the ombre look they went for.

"Pink, purple, and blue combined will forever remind me of the bisexual flag now," I told them.

Leona hummed, "same."

Out of nowhere, Micaela paused the show, fiddling with her fingers like she was nervous. Confused, I decided to ask her. "Why did you pause? Are you okay?"

"Yeah. But I have something to tell you all," Micaela started, making my concern grow.

"What is it?" I urged her to go on.

She took a glance at Elora, furrowing her eyebrows and looking down at her lap, a hint of sadness etching itself onto her face. I placed a hand on her shoulder, squeezing it gently in the hope she would feel confident enough to tell us.

"Fuck, well, this is harder than it seems. But um, I'm bisexual," she finally managed to get out. "I didn't think I would be doing this since fuck coming out, straight people don't have to, right? But here I am so yeah, I'm bi."

I was speechless for a second. Mostly at the realization that Jolene, my homophobic biological mom, had raised three kids who were queer. Which was hilariously ironic. However, I was still the only one in this room that knew Elora was gay.

"There's not a single straight person in this room then, is there?" Elora said.

Micaela's gaped, "what? You're gay? What?"

"Only Freya and my friends at university knows," she told her and leaned back in the sofa.

"That's a lot to take in," Wren spoke for the first time. "So let me get this right, " he pointed at Elora, "you're gay," then Micaela, "you're bisexual." Leona and me, "you two are gay," lastly himself, "and I'm gay."

And then I couldn't hold it in anymore, I burst out laughing and all eyes landed on me. Between laughs got out, "I'm sorry but this is hilarious. Jolene, a homophobe, really raised three gay and got one gay brother."

"I guess Kalen is the black sheep?" Wren pointed out.

"Or he's also gay and has a lot of internalized homophobia," Micaela suggested.

I pondered on it, "he radiates straight energy but you never know."

When I took a glance over at Leona I saw her observing us, so I leaned in to whisper, "you're not uncomfortable, right? I don't want you to feel left out."